Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 08-31-2018, 02:29 AM   #1
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Default What are your settings?

FOV set to max 100
Small weapons checked
Mouse sensitivity 0.50... i've gradually lowered this every few months. Has made a huge difference in my aim.
Crosshair colors changed to opposite color of projectile
HUD set to mostly transparent
Text font increased

Input changes:
Left shift (pinky) is walk. I like it better than crouch because I still have full movement, unlike holding C. Also easier to keyboard aim while walking. Not relevant in this server, but your footsteps are completely silent while walking.
Tab is toss weapon... always toss weapon just before it's out of ammo. also usually toss my AR unless getting spawnkilled by a manta
Mouse wheel button is horn... i use it all the time when coming up behind a teammate. actually helps traffic jams.
I used to have Q be my avril, but i kept accidentally ctrl+quitting. Really frustrating too when you have the intense moment of a manta coming right for you and all the sudden you're looking at your desktop. No weapon keybinds currently, I just have my row of numbers burned into my muscle memory. I dont even know which number each weapons are but I can reach them without looking.

Weapon shake on
Weapon bob on, anyone have these off?
Graphics max w/ all boxes checked
Preferred team blue, but i dont think it makes a difference
Old 08-31-2018, 01:54 PM   #2
TotalBurn
Just Registered

Most of my game settings are the same except...

Cross hairs for all weapons 50% smaller than default

Input
Forward, back, strafe left, strafe right bound to arrow keys
0 on Num pad Alt Fire (left thumb rests over 0 key + 3 fingers over arrow keys)
Right Shift Crouch (pinky)
Left mouse btn is fire
mouse wheel click is toggle 3rd person view (used when driving)
right mouse btn is jump (flyers it ascends)

Weapons shake and bob are off. It drives me nuts and screws with my aim when I spawn into a hot node.
Graphics settings are maxed out except Textures and Dynamic Mesh LOD are both set to high. If I max everything out I get lag. But only when there are allot of people playing. DM not a problem to max out.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:31 PM   #3
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalBurn View Post
Input
Forward, back, strafe left, strafe right bound to arrow keys
0 on Num pad Alt Fire (left thumb rests over 0 key + 3 fingers over arrow keys)
Right Shift Crouch (pinky)
Left mouse btn is fire
mouse wheel click is toggle 3rd person view (used when driving)
right mouse btn is jump (flyers it ascends)
I'd feel completely lost with this setup... especially with right click as jump. I kind of like that mousewheel to switch to 3rd person idea though... I'll have to try that.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:08 PM   #4
dimshade
Getting there...

Mostly stock with everything turned off or to the lowest setting except character detail and dynamic mesh LOD. I think I may have dynamic lights checked though.

Otherwise, the only tweaks I use that aren't "stock" are custom crosshairs for hitscan weapons, uncapped framerate, and force character models.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:50 PM   #5
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimshade View Post
Mostly stock with everything turned off or to the lowest setting except character detail and dynamic mesh LOD. I think I may have dynamic lights checked though.

Otherwise, the only tweaks I use that aren't "stock" are custom crosshairs for hitscan weapons, uncapped framerate, and force character models.
You don't tweak mouse sensitivity? I figure someone who uses lightning/shock as much as you would have those modded a bit.

Also, how do you uncap the frame rate and force character models?
Old 09-01-2018, 10:35 PM   #6
Enyo
Getting there...

I have all graphics set to the lowest setting, all extras/effects turned off. I use Q for left, E for right, W for jump, S for crouch, space bar for forward and option (Mac) for back. Tab to talk, R to toss weapons. Everything else standard, except I use the mouse wheel "click" to enter vehicles, mouse scroll to change weapons. Using arrow keys for movement always made my fingers feel bunched up and awkward. Keys I use lets my hand be more relaxed and natural feeling.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:53 AM   #7
dimshade
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
You don't tweak mouse sensitivity? I figure someone who uses lightning/shock as much as you would have those modded a bit.

Also, how do you uncap the frame rate and force character models?
Mouse sense is .65 or so, but there are other places to adjust mouse sensitivity (Windows, mouse software). It takes me about 7 inches to do a complete 180 (giggidy).

Short answer to uncap your framerate:
Go into your System folder and open UT2004.ini
Under [Engine.LevelInfo] find MaxClientFrameRate (default is 90)
Change this to what you want your framerate cap to be (250 is max)
To use higher framerates, you have to raise your netspeed above 10000. Just type "netspeed 10001" (or higher) in game. You'll have to do this every map.

Just google how to force character models. If you don't know what it is, it just makes everyone use the same character models. Not especially useful if everyone is in a vehicle all game.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:43 AM   #8
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

I use default settings except for: keybind for alt-horn (g... it's next to the default horn h), and suicide (backslash).
: I don't know what happened... I went to jack it and it blew up in my face.
Team:
Old 09-04-2018, 09:16 PM   #9
provert
Just Registered

The maxclientframerate for my game is in the default.ini, not the ut2004.ini. I just had to reload windows and now I can't get my FPS to budge from 83. Between rounds, it goes up to 400+, so i know things are set correctly for the most part. I used to get around 150-200 fps on most maps before the reload, so I don't know why it's not budging after changing the netspeed each round. I did try adding that line to the grouping in the ut2004.ini file, but it made no difference. I think I have an old set of ini files backed up somewhere...
Old 09-05-2018, 03:22 PM   #10
dimshade
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by provert View Post
The maxclientframerate for my game is in the default.ini, not the ut2004.ini. I just had to reload windows and now I can't get my FPS to budge from 83. Between rounds, it goes up to 400+, so i know things are set correctly for the most part. I used to get around 150-200 fps on most maps before the reload, so I don't know why it's not budging after changing the netspeed each round. I did try adding that line to the grouping in the ut2004.ini file, but it made no difference. I think I have an old set of ini files backed up somewhere...
The default.ini is not typically read by UT when starting unless it can't find ut2004.ini. From what I understand, the default.ini is used to generate a new 2004.ini when it's missing.

If you just reloaded Windows, make sure normal users, or at least the user you're running UT as, have read/write access to the UT directory, or it will create ini files in your local profile (somewhere in AppData, if I remember correctly).

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught