Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 08-14-2018, 12:02 PM   #121
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
... Rage quitting aside I do not sandbag, which is the actual topic of this thread. In fact, I do just as the title suggests... fight or leave.
EXACTLY this ^^^^^!

Nobody has to explain why they quit or spectate, we are all free to come and go as we choose.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:49 PM   #122
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by provert View Post
Enyo has been known to do the same on many maps, except he just leaves without the chat.
You're one to talk; you rage quit the most... Not that there is anything wrong with that but don't call someone else on it when you do the exact same thing. I've raged quit before too, every one has.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:52 PM   #123
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
EXACTLY this ^^^^^!

Nobody has to explain why they quit or spectate, we are all free to come and go as we choose.
I actually agree with you for once, well said.
Old 08-15-2018, 06:58 PM   #124
dognuts
Just Registered

The wisest thing to do when you're pissed off is just leave. If you stay, you get more pissed and you end up saying and doing things you regret and that's only going to give people more ammunition to slag you with. I just wish we could session kick people more readily when they piss around. It would go a long way toward making game play more enjoyable.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:17 PM   #125
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dognuts View Post
The wisest thing to do when you're pissed off is just leave. If you stay, you get more pissed and you end up saying and doing things you regret and that's only going to give people more ammunition to slag you with. I just wish we could session kick people more readily when they piss around. It would go a long way toward making game play more enjoyable.
Wise words!

But really, some of the funniest moments ever are when people lose-their-shit on somebody. Unless I'm the target of their venom, which isn't fun btw, I silently laugh-my-ass-off listening to people going rampage in voice over something somebody did they didn't like.

Classic examples of course were Guy. But the smack talk flowed wildly in the days of TechStyle, LOL, entertaining stuff.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:05 PM   #126
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Yeah I miss GTKU ranting. I remember laughing so hard I couldn't even play. He had the "gift" for it.

I guess even if one of those were ranting at me, I wouldn't take it personal its just a game.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:02 PM   #127
<LBG>LooseCannon
Let the hate flow . . .

I dunno. This new scoring format in use seems to encourage sandbagging until the timer runs out. you win the game too soon, you get squat.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:32 PM   #128
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by <LBG>LooseCannon View Post
I dunno. This new scoring format in use seems to encourage sandbagging until the timer runs out. you win the game too soon, you get squat.
That has happened a lot. People are well aware of the "penalty" for winning too soon. I'm not sure if it's good or bad yet, but I'm surprised how quickly it came to that.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:19 PM   #129
Enyo
Getting there...

Unfortunately, I've heard a couple players (not naming anyone... ahem, BUBBA_FART) actually say in voice chat, "OK time to sandbag so we get to play another round." At that time, our team was winning handily in the first 3 or 4 minutes of the first round, meaning a 2 point victory would initiate the mulligan.

I kindly pointed out that is a completely douchey way to behave and if the teams are so imbalanced that a mulligan is needed, then that's exactly what it's for, to give the balancer another chance to do a better job. Not to mention you STILL get to play the map again. I've made that case to a few players and I usually get the response of, "oh yeah, I guess you're right."

Anyway, I really don't think the issue of sandbagging is anything new at all... the same players (ahem, BUBBA_FART) that have been serial sandbaggers before will continue to be so. But now we only get stuck on MTMU, Dria or D-junk for 30 minutes instead of 1+ hour. And yes, that means some maps like MasterBath might be over in less than 10 minutes. I'll take that trade-off, others may disagree and prefer the hour-long marathons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <LBG>LooseCannon View Post
That's a bit of a glass half-empty sentiment isn't it? Like I said, if the first round is over quick you get another shot with, hopefully, better balanced teams. I've often seen the match go 3 full rounds AFTER the mulligan because the teams were much more even after the reshuffle. That's better than squat.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:46 AM   #130
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

I've said it. I'll own up to it. Mostly I say it when we've played the first round, its is say 6 or 7 mins in and we've fought hard only to mulligan. Not sure how I feel about it looking back on it. I think Enyo was right you STILL get to play the map again, but it does suck when you get a good team only to mulligan and get a bunch of people who don't show up and do the minimum.

Quote:
But now we only get stuck on MTMU,
Especially when one gets voted in twice in a row.....

Overall, I like the faster matches as we get better map variety.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:01 PM   #131
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
Especially when one gets voted in twice in a row.....

Overall, I like the faster matches as we get better map variety.
I think it was maybe this past Sunday, but that happened where we played MTMU-Kamek, followed by MTMU-Randomizer, then Dria, then MTMU-Nightwolf, or something like that order. In the past I would have left by the time Dria got voted due to playing nearly 2 hours worth of MTMU, but all four of those maps were done in under 2 hours.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:51 PM   #132
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
Unfortunately, I've heard a couple players (not naming anyone... ahem, BUBBA_FART) actually say in voice chat...
I like it when Bubba Fart's dog gets on the microphone. "Ruff ruff!"
Old 12-18-2018, 02:53 PM   #133
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

Quote:
I like it when Bubba Fart's dog gets on the microphone. "Ruff ruff!"
I like when Bubba says "Cmon guys" like 50 times in 3 minutes. Very motivating
Old 12-19-2018, 01:36 PM   #134
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
"Cmon guys" like 50 times in 3 minutes. Very motivating

lol. Not like GTKU "You shit-stains, you're too stupid to win, you don't deserve to win, no good piece of shit horny goat f*c#ers" which had huge impact on play, as I would be laughing so hard I couldn't shoot straight.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:50 PM   #135
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
lol. Not like GTKU "You shit-stains, you're too stupid to win, you don't deserve to win, no good piece of shit horny goat f*c#ers" which had huge impact on play, as I would be laughing so hard I couldn't shoot straight.
OMG yes! I miss those days. GTKU certainly had the gift.

Has anyone compiled a list of GTKU sayings yet? There was talk of t-shirts.

"Do the minimum"
"This is what losing looks like"
"All you had to do was show up"

"Look at the god damn map"
“Prepare to lose, losers”
“You just don’t get it”
Bio needs to be doing bio stuff”
“I'm waiting with a nuke at node 10”
“You guys just don't know what to do”
Old 12-19-2018, 04:04 PM   #136
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

Quote:
OMG yes! I miss those days. GTKU certainly had the gift.

Has anyone compiled a list of GTKU sayings yet? There was talk of t-shirts.

"Do the minimum"
"This is what losing looks like"
"All you had to do was show up"

"Look at the god damn map"
“Prepare to lose, losers”
“You just don’t get it”
Bio needs to be doing bio stuff”
“I'm waiting with a nuke at node 10”
“You guys just don't know what to do”
Those are awesome! I haven't talked to him in a long time, he said he would be back but who knows when....

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught