Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 10-12-2018, 11:57 PM   #1
Enyo
Getting there...

Default I'm Sad

For the first time I think ever, I logged on tonight and there were ZERO players on the ONS server. A Friday night, when it's usually the busiest. Literally nobody on. I played for about 15 minutes with Mandroid and some bots hoping some peeps would join in and nothing. I think I and many others have to admit this game is finally dead. Sad face.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:48 AM   #2
Mailbox
Still Just Registered

I mean, the server tonight had a long run of the usual maps with >12 players: MTMU-K -> DJY -> Nevermore -> TAL -> MTMU-R -> MagicIsle. I played part of DJY into Nevermore, but went and did other things. Server's been clearing out around 10 PM as of late, don't know why.

On an unrelated note, there's someone who's been topping the scoreboard who keeps changing their name (their name tonight was someones_breath, don't remember the exact player referenced). Other names from yesterday (who might be the same person) include Guy's_Cellmate and Super_Kanye. Epic's player stats server can't be accessed online, so I don't know who it is. Some of us suspected that it was you, Enyo, but you making this post gives me doubts. HoC has a feature that keeps track of people's nicknames and lets players look them up. I wonder if that can be put onto the server somehow.
Old 10-13-2018, 04:14 PM   #3
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

The EU-Server was nearly 24 hours crowded yesterday. Also with 32 players a few hours. But sometimes you have nearly no players on it the whole day, mostly when there is a sports event or something like that. So you have good days and bad days.

DiscordServer; SteamGroup; WebSite
Old 10-13-2018, 06:54 PM   #4
dognuts
Just Registered

It was me Mailbox. I was Ector's breath but I wasn't the other ones. As an afterthought, it kinda sucks that you didn't think it could be me topping the scoreboard..lol

Last edited by dognuts; 10-13-2018 at 08:32 PM..
Old 10-14-2018, 01:14 AM   #5
Enyo
Getting there...

I've been aliasing under Sarge's_Ghost and Super_Kanye last couple days. Dunno why, just for fun I guess... and it's coming up on Halloween so I felt like a "disguise" was appropriate this month. And I miss players like Sarge and even GTKU! This server used to have SOOOOOO many good players on it and now it's mostly full of Shadows.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:15 PM   #6
provert
Just Registered

Actually, been seeing some old names pop up lately, which is nice. I think people are just getting busy with the holidays, but also don't want to deal with players like Sam The Hero sandbagging their team. A lot of people have also been complaining about Shadow, but I just mute him and hope he does more than go to theee breeedge.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:46 AM   #7
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
I've been aliasing under Sarge's_Ghost and Super_Kanye last couple days. Dunno why, just for fun I guess... and it's coming up on Halloween so I felt like a "disguise" was appropriate this month. And I miss players like Sarge and even GTKU! This server used to have SOOOOOO many good players on it and now it's mostly full of Shadows.
Your best was Paminator something, I thought for a second "just maybe" she bought a new key and decided to rejoin us.

As for all the Shadow hatred, I don't get it. If people would do half the stuff he tells ya to, your team would win more often. I don't have a problem with him. I'd rather be on Shadow's team and listen to his "head-in-the-game" advise than most the other chatter-bots "it's over, just give up now" BS.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:35 PM   #8
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
...Super_Kanye last couple days. Dunno why, just for fun I guess... and it's coming up on Halloween so I felt like a "disguise" was appropriate this month. ...
Make_America_Kanye_Again would be a great nick, LOL!

I don't have a problem with ya aliasing, cause you don't hide, you speak on voice, so as soon as I hear ya I know it's you, same for Dognuts er whatever his nick is these days.

The ones I have a slight problem with are the ones that go stealth mode and don't speak, so you never know who the fuck it is. You know it's somebody cause they have the high score.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:03 PM   #9
Mailbox
Still Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dognuts View Post
As an afterthought, it kinda sucks that you didn't think it could be me topping the scoreboard..lol
It wasn't that, more I thought you just stopped playing like so many others have, and you were instead someone else. Never saw you use voice chat before like you did on Nevermore.

Last night the server had 32 players for at least two maps, so I'd say the server is alive and well, at least on the weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
As for all the Shadow hatred, I don't get it. If people would do half the stuff he tells ya to, your team would win more often. I don't have a problem with him.
I concur.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:36 PM   #10
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Pam's Plaything? lol That was me. Fun having a bit of reference to some old timers that don't play.

Same here on Shadow, there's times he's really annoying, but generally he helps a team. Sometimes his strategy is wacky, but its not like he's a team killer or sabotager.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:41 PM   #11
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Your best was Paminator something, I thought for a second "just maybe" she bought a new key and decided to rejoin us.

As for all the Shadow hatred, I don't get it. If people would do half the stuff he tells ya to, your team would win more often. I don't have a problem with him. I'd rather be on Shadow's team and listen to his "head-in-the-game" advise than most the other chatter-bots "it's over, just give up now" BS.
Yeah Pam's_Plaything wasn't me, but wish I'd thought of it... apparently Pooty gets credit for that one.

Eh, I just like to give Shadow a hard time, but I'm actually starting to appreciate that fact he's at least trying to have a sense of humor, albeit in a weird, stiff Eastern bloc sorta way. Still can't get him to say "get to da choppa" though. He's definitely far from the worst or even what I'd call a bad player, but he does frustrate me and many others when he's on your team and he sits back with either the ion on TAL or the mino on fill in the map and refuses to move forward and attack. He's always playing and calling for defense, like continuously lobbing avrils on MB. A defensive strategy in this game is inherently flawed and it's frustrating when so many others buy into it after you've been playing this game for so long and realize that supper aggressively attacking nodes is what wins. Defense might mean more if you didn't have unlimited lives with instant respawn.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:24 PM   #12
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Defense might mean more if you didn't have unlimited lives with instant respawn.
x2 yeah it'd be a whole new game if there was a high respawn time, limited lives, or friendly fire. Until then, just dive in!
Old 10-22-2018, 06:06 PM   #13
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

I concur
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught