Other Games All Other Servers

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games

Old 04-06-2018, 10:42 AM   #81
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy View Post
Hi y'all! I play Fortnite under the name Moodring. Although I'm not very good and I am definitely having a hard time adjusting to the aiming system. DM has never been my strength though!
I struggled as well, reducing my mouse sensitivity drastically made a huge difference! I think it is currently set to .3 in my game. The default was unusable.

Also, right click that aim, it increases shot accuracy dramatically.

And, a correction to my previous post on projectiles/hit scans... The Shotguns, Pistol, AR's and SMG's are ALL hitscan weapons. The Snipers (Bolt action and DMR), the Grenade and rocket launchers are projectile weapons.

A
Old 04-09-2018, 01:31 AM   #82
hardspike
Server Admin

First, congrats to JohnSmallBerries who got a solo win Friday night.

And I finally got one of my own, without a footnote of it being a special mode...

Old 04-10-2018, 03:36 PM   #83
Binger

Hitscan can have bloom and projectiles can have perfect accuracy.

So what's your longest sniper shot? I got 255m in sniper LTM.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:42 PM   #84
hardspike
Server Admin

Here's something that makes the game really fun: new Guided Missiles. They're a lot like the Redeemer in UT2004. What's really fun is you or your teammate can hop on and ride them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XscDI42TQQg

Epic is currently running a LTM (limited time mode) with just explosive weapons, which includes the Guided Missile.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:39 PM   #85
Binger

Guided missiles are cool in regular play because they are rare but I wish they hadn't put them in the Explosives LTM. It causes way too much camping, which is the opposite of what it would be without them. Fun but frustrating.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:38 PM   #86
Binger

Grrr, I had a chance for some daytime play today but their sign in is all screwed up.

https://status.epicgames.com/

I was signed in earlier but didn't see the new 50 vs 50 mode. How long does it take for them to add LTMs after an update?
Old 04-11-2018, 08:59 PM   #87
Binger

I made it in after a 55 minute queue to launch the game. I'm just going to leave it up while I eat.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:37 PM   #88
hardspike
Server Admin

The Guided Missile was fun while it lasted:

Quote:
Decreased Guided Missile maximum turn rate by 75%.
Reduced Guided Missile movement speed by 15%.
Actually it was fun during the High Explosives LTM. In a normal game it kinda sucked playing against one. Now it will be much easier to defend against, I think. Can probably throw up one maybe two walls to block instead of a full box.

Read the full release notes here, lots of interesting changes:
https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/e...-5-patch-notes

One thing that will help us against high-skill players is the "short equip time" on many weapons. They won't be able to switch and fire as quickly as before.

Quote:
Added a short equip time to many weapons (particularly, those with a slower rate of fire).
This will reduce the effectiveness of quickly switching between weapons for high burst-damage.
Removed the reloading animation on the Pump Shotgun.
Weapons affected are:
Rocket Launcher
Hand Cannon
Revolver
Tactical Shotgun
Pump Shotgun
Heavy Shotgun
Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle
Hunting Rifle
Crossbow
Old 04-12-2018, 12:14 PM   #89
Enyo
Getting there...

Am I the only one that's a little saddened by the fact that the majority of discussion that's been happening on this forum lately is about a different game than the one this forum was created for?
Old 04-12-2018, 02:29 PM   #90
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
Am I the only one that's a little saddened by the fact that the majority of discussion that's been happening on this forum lately is about a different game than the one this forum was created for?
Yeah, a little bit sad but come play Fortnite with us and you won't mind so much.

Unless it's about a map or vehicle or something else that someone is currently working on then what is there to talk about? No one on this server is doing anymore work so nothing to say. I could talk about the length of the matches and why I think the player count is dropping but it's all been said before and I'm tired of meaningful discussions leading to nothing. I mean at this point we're down to adding stock Torlan and Primevil. It's dark days for the server.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:34 AM   #91
Enyo
Getting there...

Yeah, I know Binger. It's just tough thinking that really the only game I have played for the last 10+ years and the only ONS server left worth playing on are dying rapidly. I may try to get into Fortnite soon since everyone seems to be abandoning ship for it. I've tried a lot of other FPS games and none of them have the nice smooth feel of UT2K4, and I'm just not all that excited about a game where I might die quickly and have to wait 45 minutes to get back in.

Oh well, who knows... maybe GTKU will come back one day and rally everyone back to the server with his battle cries.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:22 AM   #92
Binger

I was joking in my first sentence there. I'm actually really sad about UT2004 and have been for a while. I could play it for another 10 years if things were a little different.

Fortnite is a lot better in squads. There's a better chance of living longer and your teammates can revive you. I don't expect this game to last for years. It is a lot of fun but I think a lot of people, like me, are playing it just because it's so popular. If it wasn't for Spike and Berries and Lag and Flacis I probably would have given up on it already. Maybe Epic will get back to UT someday. I was playing some UT4 Assault yesterday (and Bombing Run) and the game, for me at least, has a lot of potential to be very good. People have already gotten vehicles to work but only in the most basic way. There is still a lot to do to get them ready for servers. Hopefully they're still working on that.

Sigh, writing this made me sad. It's like there's a hole in my heart where UT used to be.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:38 PM   #93
Binger

There's another update today. No 50vs50 v2 yet. Bummer. Maybe next week.

Edit: Next week for 50vs50... "(NOTE: Due to the account service issues we've been experiencing, and in order to preserve your play experience this weekend the 50v50 v2 LTM will be enabled next week.)".

Last edited by Binger; 04-13-2018 at 04:55 PM..
Old 04-13-2018, 04:40 PM   #94
Enyo
Getting there...

I'm with ya bro, I can't think of any other game that's had the staying power this one has, and with good reason. The old sell a game for a one time profit model is dead and it's now all subscription model/recurring revenue... good for the gaming companies but bad for all the players of the world. Sorry, but I got much better things to spend my money on, like this view from our hotel hot tub in the Colorado rockies over spring break...

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...nx6NhDuHGSV7IU
Old 04-13-2018, 04:57 PM   #95
Binger

I've been reminiscing about Colorado lately. I miss it.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:53 AM   #96
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
I've been reminiscing about Colorado lately. I miss it.
Fuck reminiscing, I'm trying to get my wife to agree to move there! I've never been anywhere as beautiful where EVERYONE you meet is extremely nice and the drivers are even polite... oh yeah, and the legalized weed thing is nice too.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:12 AM   #97
JohnSmallBerries
Server Admin

Yes, Colorado is definitely the state I'd move to if I didn't have friends / relatives / job here in Texas.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:43 PM   #98
Binger

I lived in Colorado Springs in the 90's and I actually found that in general people weren't that friendly. It reminded me of the west coast freeze attitude. That was back then so it might be different now and I've also spent most of my life in Texas and folks are pretty friendly down here.

As an fyi for you Enyo I'll say why I left Colorado after 7 years. It's gonna sound silly but it was the lack of leaves for like 8 months out of the year. There are literally no leaves on any plants or trees for most of the year. It's all sticks and brown everywhere. The only green are the pines, which is nice, but coming from a place like Texas, where a lot of plants and trees have leaves year round, it was hard to live with. The grasses even turn completely brown. It was depressing for me but it obviously doesn't bother some people.

Also, they used gravel on the roads when it snowed and everything got filthy. I'm not sure what they use now. It doesn't rain at all in the winter so by the time Spring comes around everything is so dirty. I remember hosing off the side of the house and watching the dirt wash away. Any sunny weekend above freezing and car washes are packed.

I'm not bashing Colorado. I'm just being honest. I have family ties in Colorado going back over 100 years and it will always have a place in my heart. It's a beautiful and magical place, at times.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:44 PM   #99
The Sarge
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
Fuck reminiscing, I'm trying to get my wife to agree to move there! I've never been anywhere as beautiful where EVERYONE you meet is extremely nice and the drivers are even polite... oh yeah, and the legalized weed thing is nice too.
I would not be quick to get onboard legalized maryjane... a lot of unintended side effects from that law.
But good luck to you if you move there. I lived in many states when i was a young'n, nothing like God's country - Tennessee! guess its my age, not much into moving anywhere these days
Old 04-16-2018, 04:29 PM   #100
Binger

Has anyone tried Radical Heights? I tried it last night but my crappy PC doesn't play it well. It's another Battle Royal game and it's made by Cliff Bleszinski's company. There's no building like in Fortnite. It's done in a 80's TV gameshow style. Cheesy announcer and flashy colorful things. It's very early access and there's a lot of unfinished assets in it. It's on Steam for free.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games