Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 01-03-2019, 03:28 PM   #41
joeblow
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
That's an interesting option joeblow. Can you password protect the DW server so only invited players can join during the tourney?

I think not at my level.

if I thought of it sooner I would have ask Karma kat but she hasn't communicated to me in well over a year.

of course the punch line is no one plays there BUT if there where 10 players on we would get some action I would guess.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:53 PM   #42
L10Alton
[OMNI]-Rookie

Could you guys remove me from the ONS thing, I can't make it.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:58 PM   #43
Mailbox
Still Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by L10Alton View Post
Could you guys remove me from the ONS thing, I can't make it.
Understood. Thanks for trying to dedicate your time for this event. To keep numbers even, I'll take your place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post
I think not at my level.

if I thought of it sooner I would have ask Karma kat but she hasn't communicated to me in well over a year.

of course the punch line is no one plays there BUT if there where 10 players on we would get some action I would guess.
Given the short notice, I think it's probably better to use the CEONSS event server, and consider your server if we do another iteration of this. I haven't been on top of things, so the timeframe for event planning has been squished.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:51 PM   #44
Mailbox
Still Just Registered

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the short notice, but we have the maps set up now!

CEONSS Captain: lichReen
OMNI Captain: Mailbox

Fun Map (unscored, tentative): AS-Glacier
CEONSS Map 1: ONS-Stonewall-VK-C-D5
OMNI Map 1: ONS-ColdFusion-2011-V1
CEONSS Map 2: ONS-Spiffingrad-T32-Crusha-[Xmas]
OMNI Map 2: ONS-Urban-Gz-V1
Vanilla Map: ONS-ArcticStronghold

As with last time, I will give a summary for each of the non-stock maps.

ONS-Stonewall-VK-C-D5

A classic CEONSS deathmatching map. This map has zero vehicles, and players only have their own weapons, relics, and pickups to edge them to superiority against their opponents. Teams must wrestle control over a two-lane, two-level mid setup, with cutoff potential if a team can carve into enemy territory. Get your goo gun ready, and your shock combos practiced: You'll be dying a lot on this map.

ONS-ColdFusion-2011-V1

A small map with superpowered vehicles that has seen a small uptick in popularity on OMNI. Each team has an Omnitaur, 2 Falcons, and a Turtle, and must both expand north to take a deep expanse of nodes. Power vehicles must be managed well, as this map uses a double primary setup with one of the nodes far away from the core. Attempt to kill things through the fog in the Omnitaur. Dance around the enemy team before crashing into a mountain in a Falcon. Be on the wrong side of the map as your core's getting hit in a Turtle.

ONS-Spiffingrad-T32-Crusha-[Xmas]

What's presumably a Christmas skin of ONS-Spiffingrad-T32, Teams only have vanilla and ECE vehicles to fight over a ruined city. Players must use the environment to their advantage to avoid tanks and other vehicles, all while maintaining node control. Hide behind a wall and ambush unsuspecting vehicles. Rain bullets at any base intruders in a Minigun Turret. Snipe from the top floor of a barely stable building.

ONS-Urban-Gz-V1

A seemingly minor OMNI edit of an ECE map, the paradigm of this map shifts heavily due to the inclusion of a Fire Tank (strong) and a Turtle. Teams must make sure that they do not get blitzed by the superpowered Paladin, as only teamwork can stand against it here. Despite these powerful vehicles, stock vehicles still have a powerful and important role in ambushing the heavy vehicles and securing nodes. Enter god mode at 2 miles an hour in the Turtle. Hide atop overhead highways in a Cicada. Clip heads like it's 2004 in a Manta.

Like last time, here's a link for the maps and dependencies of the OMNI maps:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9xbxwec4x..._Maps.zip?dl=0

Once again, we will be using Discord for VoIP purposes, and the event server will not have in-game VoIP enabled. Instructions on how to install Discord can be found on this thread from the CEONSS forums listed below, with some optional extra steps to isolate Discord's datamining:

http://ceonss.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=977

We will be starting Tomorrow @ 2PM EST (19:00 UTC)!. We will have up to 30 minutes of slack if people aren't there at 2 sharp. If you want to watch, Colbye will be streaming on his twitch channel (https://twitch.tv/wcolbyk), and you can join even if you didn't sign up!

Also: We will have a 20% Friendly Fire mutator in place for this event. Hold your fire, and if you die to a friendly, blame Miauz!!!

Hope to see you there!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2019, 08:38 PM   #45
Enyo
Getting there...

I'll be there, looking forward to it! Do we need a password for the private CEONSS server?
Old 01-04-2019, 09:05 PM   #46
joeblow
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
I'll be there, looking forward to it! Do we need a password for the private CEONSS server?

yes same question Pm and or joblow@bellsouth.net is a good way to get ahold of me.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:22 AM   #47
joeblow
Just Registered

ill prolly be on the DW ONS server around past 1 pm EST for warm ups,mic checks etc.

hard drive is double defragged,desk is cleaned,mouse is functional back ups are in place. Wifes has been commanded to be off the internets at 2 pm EST or face some sever penalties like me going out and buying a new Camaro Zl1 1LE.

I plan on napping here a min then breakfast at 11 am, little IMSA racing first of the season, maybe a cold beer to steady my hands around 1 pm.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:45 AM   #48
Colbye
YouTube.com/user/WColbyK

Iím gonna be late. 110 stops
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuythatkillsU
I donít think thereís volcanoes here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbye
Well, thereís a big ole hole thatís red on the inside...I donít know what else that could be.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:36 PM   #49
EmanReleipS
The Pancake Fairy

I will send the password out now. Participants, please check your discord accounts.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:02 PM   #50
EmanReleipS
The Pancake Fairy

Watch the stream here: twitch.tv/tervia
Old 01-05-2019, 05:47 PM   #51
Mailbox
Still Just Registered

Hi everyone, thanks for coming to another fun match of CEONSS-OMNI! CEONSS won 5-4!

Sadly Colbye wasn't able to join us because of UPS, but we had Sedoy join in to keep the teams balanced!

Fun Map (Not Scored): AS-Glacier - Gamemode was acting weird
Map 1 (CEONSS #1): ONS-Stonewall-VK-C-D5 - OMNI wins 2-0
Map 2 (OMNI #1): ONS-ColdFusion-2011-V1 - CEONSS wins 2-0
Map 3 (CEONSS #2): ONS-Spiffingrad-T32-Crusha-[Xmas] - CEONSS wins 1-0
Map 4 (OMNI #2): ONS-Urban-Gz-V1 - OMNI wins 2-0
Map 5 (Vanilla): ONS-ArcticStronghold - CEONSS wins 2-0
Map 5a (Mercy map, unscored?): ONS-ArcticStronghold-T32 - CEONSS wins 1-0

Team OMNI:
Mailbox (C)
Miauz55555 (all except Map 2)
joeblow (Maps 1-5)
Wertyn (Maps 1-2)
Fors (Map 1)
Sys-X (Maps 2, 3, 4, & 5a)
Sedoy (Maps 2, 3, 4, & 5a)
McLovin (Maps 5 & 5a)
]oOo[EnyoOo (Map 5)

Team CEONSS:
lichReen (C)
Enyo (all except Map 5)
McLovin (Maps 1-4)
Sys-X (Maps 1 & 5)
Sedoy (Maps 1 & 5)
Fors (all except Map 1)
Miauz55555 (Map 2)
Wertyn (Maps 3-5a)
joeblow (Map 5a)

Thanks everyone for participating! Special thanks to Ema for setting up the server and subbing in for McLovin and joe, who were having connection issues in ArcticStronghold! My twitch stream had a few viewers, which is nice for a backup stream that wasn't announced in advance! Let's do something like this again soon!

Ema forgot to record demos this time, but you can check the past broadcast from my perspective: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/359393808. That should be up for a couple of weeks.

Last edited by Mailbox; 01-05-2019 at 06:02 PM..
Old 01-06-2019, 07:25 PM   #52
joeblow
Just Registered

Great time!

maybe do this once a month so its scheduled and keep the interest fresh.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:02 AM   #53
Enyo
Getting there...

Yep, was a good time indeed. It was funny when us 'Mericans would misunderstand the Euro-players with their various accents, and vice versa. I was saying "taking the Turtle to the middle" on Urban and one (I think) German guy kept saying, "turret? How's he taking a turret to the middle?"

And I swear I kept hearing the flick of a lighter throughout the match, followed by a long exhale... sounded like someone smoking some good stuff.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:05 PM   #54
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Any chance we could get this hosted on a server located in the continental USA next time. All the CEONSS guys had pings below 50 ms and all the Mericans were above the 120s, mine was hovering at 150.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:53 PM   #55
Mailbox
Still Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Any chance we could get this hosted on a server located in the continental USA next time. All the CEONSS guys had pings below 50 ms and all the Mericans were above the 120s, mine was hovering at 150.
The issue was always finding someone willing to host on this side of the pond. Analog remains MIA, and the OMNI AS server KO'd. With joeblow offering the DW server for use, we could go there next time. Let's try doing something AS'y perhaps. It's been a while.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:19 PM   #56
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

I've tried rattling Analog's cage again. Will advise if I hear from him.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:46 PM   #57
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

I miss Anni and Pi.
What we could do is to siege that Freon-Server "HoC" and than vote only for maps with a sequence above 150.

DiscordServer; SteamGroup; WebSite
Old 01-29-2019, 02:09 PM   #58
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

I made exactly one shot from the match.

Btw. if you want to take a look at the "old stats" you can check them out here: http://stats.ceonss.net/

DiscordServer; SteamGroup; WebSite

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught