Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 01-02-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

UT2k4 Carpe's Etiquette Primer & Tutorial

or more appropriately.... why I love Battlefront.

Also included (at the end) is a "Start of Game Primer" from my new book "Battlefront For Dummies".
I was lucky enough to secure the services of a very knowledgable player to help me with the
task of putting this wonderfull guide together.

please note that this is "mostly" intended as fun, tongue in the cheek stuff. If you're offended...
sheesh... relax.

1. It was the first non "stock" ONS map I ever played online

2. It is a classic team player map... imo. Average players with good teamwork will beat good
players with average teamwork virtually every time. Maybe not decisively (in reg), but they
will win. I've had the stars align and been fortunate to be involved in a couple of games there
where the team I was on was spectacular in it's teamplay.. so much fun. I've also been on the
other end of things and wondered partway through a game "how the hell are these guys KICKING us?"...
and of course.. the answer is teamplay.

3. It has, for me, the perfect blend of size, vehicles and weapon availability. While Bitch is a
totally different kind of map, she could learn a lesson from Battles mine allotment. Not only are
they relatively sparse.. you really have to go out of your way to get them.. 1/5 are not what I
consider "desired" spawn points. 8 has them, but only 4 of them, and really... when you're defending
node 8 mines are not really up there in the pecking order of desired weapons. Speaking of which, I've
always wondered whether I'd like to have Avrils at that locker. I'm undecided if it would change the map
for the better or the worse.

4. Perfect map for fitting your mood. Blasting with the Big Boy, obliteration with the Ion, two
types of sliceo'matic cut and dicing with the Manta and Raptor, "relaxed" sniping, REALLY relaxed
defense on gun2 of the Bender in 3/6 (rumour has it Loegy has a 350W surround sound DVD setup in
his own personal rig), pissing Bender snipers off with the Scorpion.. I could go on and on.

now... from another post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium
The experienced players can't always get the raptor or the manta first. They are the fastest vehicles and the manta can easily fit in Node 3/6 (The Raptor has negative consequences) so, naturally experienced players will tell everyone to send the Raptor to Node 1/5 and the manta to Node 3/6. People have to charge these nodes with the link gun too...and it wouldn't hurt to give rides on the manta so 2-3 players can link when charging Node 3/6. Speed, planning and communication are essential at the start of some maps, like Battlefront.
Amen Lith.... I can't emphasize your last sentence enough... well.. I could make it red and bold
or something, but I'm not going for eye candy here *chuckle*. There are maps we play where
speed at the beginning is critical. Sure you say... "no brainer"... "duh!!". While it is obviously
important for all maps, it can win BF for you. Most likely won't lose it for you (being slow), but
being fast can win it for you. A well "oiled" team can get 8/7 up just as, or sometimes even before,
the oppositions Goliaths are spawning above 3/6... that is almost ALWAYS a slam dunk.

Speaking of giving rides on the Manta.. here is how a professional does it. In the screenie, you'll
see The Trust off the Manta.. he actually got on as well. Counting the driver (yours truly) we left
for node 6 with seven of us. Naturally.. a couple fell off. Phred did.. well.. because he is a
senior and doesn't have good balance, and I think Dutchy fell off as well... something about "hey..
is that a $5 bill??" or... hmm... maybe it was something about Gerbils' furry hand/paw being
someplace it shouldn't be ??? Most likely he was in violation of one of the "Riding a Manta" do's and don'ts...
I can't remember.. but he did have to slog up the hill on foot.... naturally bitching and whining the whole way.

While we're talking about Manta's and rides... here are a few "tips" or "do's and don'ts" as seen in
the new national Bestseller... Battlefront for Dummies .

Incidentally.. Again... before you dismiss these tips with a "I'm a seasoned veteran... I KNOW
what I'm doing" type thing.... I HAVE seen seasoned vets continually in violation of these basic "rules" :smt103

Driving:

1. CROUCH the damned thing so others can single-jump on.
2. DO NOT wait around if you have 2 on board and 3 others are doing their Flying Walenda impersonations
around the Manta. Leave 'em to walk and think about practising their jumping skills.
3. DO NOT jump the manta going up the hill. This will knock people off. Also, do not crash into
the sides of the hill or the burned out vehicles/rocks along the way. Kinda seems silly to have
to actually say that.. but I have seen regulars do it.
4. Drive a bit slower.. this will help you arrive at your destination with your cargo intact.
5. DO NOT turn around half way up the damned hill if someone falls off and watch them pull a groin
trying to get back on. Having a Bender beat you to 3/6 is embarrassing to say the least!!
(thinking of starting my own wall of shame for Manta drivers having this happen to them... again...don't laugh.. I've seen it)
6. DO NOT go to node 1/5, 2/4, 7 or 8.
7. If you arrive at 3/6 with 2 or more, PLEASE FEEL FREE to go to another node. Flying it inside
only wastes time... especially if you're guilty of violating #'s 3,5 or 6. By the time you get to 7,
two players can have node 3/6 up.

Riding

1. CROUCH !! while it doesn't guarantee not falling off, it lessens the risk dramatically.
2. Prime spot is the fuselage. If you follow #1, you can take an Avril in the groin and possibly not fall off.
3. Wings.... CROUCH dammitt!!
4. CROUCH !!! I used to feel guilty and violate Driving Rule #5 occasionally because I'm.. well...
a compassionate caring guy. However... from here on, if you fall off my Manta.. enjoy the fricking walk !! :smt098
5. Unless you are crouched (and I think ON the fuselage).. firing an Avril will blow you off like a leaf.
I'm laughing just typing that... and EVERYTIME I've seen it happen, the person wasn't firing at
anything in particular. "Well maybe the other teams Raptor is coming"... pffft.. if it is, they will
lose the game anyway.. don't risk a walk or the ammunition for nothing.

allright.. I'll end with "Carpes Prime Directive" for the start of Battlefield.

1. I prefer the Raptor. If you see me running in front of you.. remember.. I'm old. And a bit senile.
If you take me out of my comfort zone, I can't help the team. Do not push me out of the way... I have
brittle bones.
2. If I miss the Raptor and make it to the Manta first... I will drive. That means if you can't jump on...
go get in a frickin' Bender... or walk.. I don't care :butthead: I will crouch it, so a single-jump is
all that is necessary. Because I crouch it.. DO NOT stand underneath it for GAWD SAKE !!
If I have two on board already, I will give you ONE chance to get on..unless I like you.. and even
then I may have to make a decision for the betterment of the team and leave you. Don't cry please..
and above all.. don't chime in *insert best whiny/comlaining voice* "give rides on the manta".
That will only make me angry An old angry man with Admin powers is not your friend *MUHAHAHHAHA*
(just kidding Q... damn.. almost forgot.. I mean God Almighty Omnipotent QettoE rayer: )
3. If I spawn late I will go for a Bender. I'm a control freak.. so I wanna drive. If I'm forced to ride
I will incessantly and repetively tell you to go to node 7 (seven, VII). Node 8 is acceptable, but
in in my opinion, that is a long way to go in a Bender to most likely die before accomplishing anything
constructive.... then you end up respawing at the core with no frickin' vehicles around. If I detect that
you are not paying attention and doing my bidding,... I will jump off and frickin' walk as you go to
meet your ultiimate demise ! I recall a recent time when our superstar driver with 2 gunners drove
into the minefield beside node 8... thanks for coming out.... sheesh... :smt093

Speaking of Benders.. once the game gets going if you see me hop into one at the base, I would consider it
a priveledge to give you a ride up to node 3/6. However.. when we get there, get off the cannon. :smt076
If you don't.. I will be angry (see above). This is non-negotiable.. there are only a few players I will
park and relinquish the vehicle too. Anyone else.. well.. all I can say is we'll be on our way to die
quite shortly.... living long and prospering will not be in the equation at that point.

thats it, hope you got a few chuckles....

seeya on The Killing Fields...

Carpe.. out...

p.s. I'm wondering if I've shattered the record for the longest post... Omni's ???
Old 01-02-2007, 05:52 PM   #2
Lithium
Just Registered

Default Battlefront for Dummies

Funny stuff.

Is this book in publication?
WHERE ARE MY ROYALTIES!?!? Please send to my paypal account.

Prime Directive...Living long and prospering....Intentional Star Trek references?
Old 01-02-2007, 06:31 PM   #3
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Default Re: Battlefront for Dummies

Quote:

Is this book in publication?
WHERE ARE MY ROYALTIES!?!? Please send to my paypal account.
cheques in the *cough* mail

Quote:
Prime Directive...Living long and prospering....Intentional Star Trek references?
but of COURSE !! See.. the thing is when you're old, your brain is filled with all matter of useless
trivial kinda stuff... every once in a while, when the opportunity arises to use one, I must... seize
the day/moment you know ?
Old 01-02-2007, 06:55 PM   #4
Riddick69
Lord Marshal

Nice Carpe.

I was just thinking earlier that we needed a Battlefront for Dummies(Noobs).

Can you list me in your Acknowledgments section? Thanks.

:8):
Old 01-02-2007, 07:02 PM   #5
Spectre

Default Re: how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem
remember.. I'm old. And a bit senile.
OMG I'm older than Carpe. :help:

Old 01-03-2007, 10:59 AM   #6
N1ghtmare
Getting there...

I might add some basic strategy

Hill tops are key. he how pwns them has the team that is winning at the moment. This allows you to send half the team or better to go assault the other base with out having to worry about trying to trek across the battlefield on foot and make it more than 2 steps with out being greeted by a depleted uranium shell from the other team.

Hell benders snipes are great for a number of reasons.

1) They kind hide behind sandbags, fences, and burnt out tanks much better than the much larger Goliath.
2) they can hit other snips hiding behind sandbags, fences, and burnt out tanks (were they like to hide) (see carpe)
3) when there are no hiding benders, little people explode spectacularly when poked with a full twin beam. This keeps them out of the fight were ever that may be
4) tanks can be persuaded to retreat from the hilltop if not killed outright. (see the note above about walking out into the battlefield and meeting an opposing tank shell)
5) pesky raptors and (if your good) mantas can also be taken out if your teammates are not holding an AVRIL at the moment (which is likely)

The flying vehicles are this boards version of air power. You can help your team pwn the opposing hill top if you use the air power wisely. Not using the air power wisely would include
1) flying from the core, to opposing bunker node (3/6) and exiting the vehicle to attack said node leaving it there for the other team to hijack. Find a different F'n ride over to the bunker node.
2) flying around WAY behind enemy lines plinking at stationary vehicles at the other nodes. you should be attacking the hill tops with that flying vehicle! and if the hill tops are clean, attacking nodes 7/8 your team doesn't control, and lastly if your team does control them then supporting the ground troops that are trying to take the bunker node and or other nodes that the enemy controls.

A good use of the manta is to load it up with some mines, a few people and go assault the opposing bunker node in mass. (rush it) While an effective attack technique its usually suicidal. Especially if the opposing hill top is not clean. (ie start by cleaning it off then going for the node or both if you got a great team thats working well together and attacking as a group as it should be)

Things i find annoying

Its great to see a bender and 2 tanks covering node 7, but thats 3 or 4 team members doing nothing but playing defense when SOMEONE has to actually go down there and build the node! With the same 4 people you could have 2 cover the node, and 2 run down there and build it in a matter of seconds. This allows your team to start attacking the opposing bunker node and will likely put the other team on the defensive which is NOT the place to be on this map. (much like in tank-me-up)

Btw carpe, you need some graphical pics of how to propertly load a tank and bender into the bunker nodes for noobs that dont know how to do it.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:19 AM   #7
Pi

to add to n1ghtmares thoughts on bender-camping, the #1 reason to bendercamp is to damage the non-manned enemy tanks across the field (im not 1337 enough to know the #s). Hitting the tanks 3ish times will make them smoke, discouraging their use all together AND making them 1-shot-kills for your tanks when/if someone does get in them (*cough* carpe bait *cough*). Even though you dont get 'points' it is super-duper-micky-mouse-ice-cream-and-mashed-potatoes-good

...and there's the rest who are just jumping around like a bunch of half-drunk monkeys spamming and camping their little hearts out. ~Coyote

Old 01-03-2007, 04:47 PM   #8
XfooYen
User

O.K.! Now we're talkin'. This is the kind of thread that can be invaluable to all, noobs and vets alike. Thanks, Carpe.

Of course, while reading the posts, lots (pronounced: Too Many To Write All At Once Because My Undiagnosed A.D.D. Won't Allow It) of strategy ideas come to mind.
So here it goes. My ever so humble :butthead: contribution to the Battle consortium in no particular order of importance:

Stealing enemy mantas and raptors:

Let's face it. Ripping off the other teams' stuff feels good; the rush, the snide guilt, the ensued giggles. But what then? What do I do with this manta/raptor I just jacked? And how do I acquire the darn thing in the first place?

If you are shooting at a manned enemy manta or raptor (or are witness to such an event), you will possibly force the pilot to "bail out" before the vehicle is fully destroyed. If this happens it leaves an unlocked jewel ready to be snatched. Now is where you need to use some restraint. Stop shooting at it! If you're on foot and near by, get in it and get outta there! If you're far away, leave it for someone else on your team to get. If the pilot is still alive focus on killing the pilot, not the vehicle! If then you're able to get away with the heist, what do you do then? You've got a couple of choices:
1. Heal it and bring it into battle.
Having an extra manta or raptor on your side in battle can bring a heavy blow to your opponent particularly if you are a strong pilot. Just remember that the advantage of an extra ride on your side is only good for the life of the vehicle. Once destroyed, it will spawn later at their base. So put it to good use and keep yourself alive as long as possible! Until your demise, the opposing team won't spawn a new one...which brings us to the second choice.
2. Heal it and bring it someplace safe.
Stealing the enemy's only raptor/manta and stashing it unmanned in friendly territory prevents it from re-spawning. The result can be devastating for the enemy by essentially removing their said vehicle from play for the rest of the round.

Humbly - X
Old 01-03-2007, 04:58 PM   #9
N1ghtmare
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfooYen
Stealing the enemy's only raptor/manta and stashing it unmanned in friendly territory prevents it from re-spawning. The result can be devastating for the enemy by essentially removing their said vehicle from play for the rest of the round.

Humbly - X
eeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttttttt

generally vehicles will disappear after being abandoned after a short time. not quite as short as dropped weapons disappear, but stashing it on top of your base will only keep it safe for a short time before it disappears and goes back to the other team.

who's stole the minotar on tankmeup?
Old 01-03-2007, 05:00 PM   #10
Katerina
Getting there...

Basic redeemer strategy for Battlefront:

Knowing where the redeemer is does not mean you have the skill to pilot it.

If you have to crash the raptor to get the redeemer, you are only one step above not knowing where it is.

If you see the redeemer, call it out.

If a redeemer is incoming, throw as much minigun fire at it as possible.

When piloting the redeemer, you most balance yourself between the posts at the entrance, the low ceiling, and the probable mines on the floor.

Other random knowledge:

If you need to abandon the manta or raptor to build a node, give it the momentum to land on mines so it can't be captured.

If you see an abandoned raptor or manta (or tank), don't kill it, take it and keep it safe.

It cannot be said enough, get the ion tank out of harm's way immediately!

Don't wait to be asked to heal tanks.

If you don't know where to go in the manta or raptor, don't take them.

Keep tanks covering nodes 7 and 8 at all times.

When you can hit node 3 (or 6, depending), don't half-ass it. It takes numbers and armor to win.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:04 PM   #11
XfooYen
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1ghtmare
Quote:

Humbly - X
generally vehicles will disappear after being abandoned after a short time. not quite as short as dropped weapons disappear, but stashing it on top of your base will only keep it safe for a short time before it disappears and goes back to the other team.

good point. I believe one must "nurse" the stolen vehicle in order to keep it from re-spawning. I stand corrected.

even more humbly - X
Old 01-03-2007, 05:15 PM   #12
Katerina
Getting there...

Just call me Lady Au Pair (go watch The Venture Brothers)! In order to keep a vehicle from respawning you must keep someone in it. If it's abandoned for more than a short period it will respawn. While having two raptors until one is killed can induce havoc, having one while the enemy has none for the rest of the match generally shifts the balance more. If you ever hear me say I'm babysitting a vehicle, I'm sitting at base keeping it safe.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:51 PM   #13
N1ghtmare
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katerina

If a redeemer is incoming, throw as much minigun fire at it as possible.
that means you guys in the tanks, switch to seat 2.

or if your good :8): just wip out that shock rifle and dispense with the problem in one shot :smt079
Old 01-03-2007, 06:37 PM   #14
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi
.Hitting the tanks 3ish times will make them smoke, discouraging their use all together AND making them 1-shot-kills for your tanks when/if someone does get in them (*cough* carpe bait *cough*). Even though you dont get 'points' it is super-duper-micky-mouse-ice-cream-and-mashed-potatoes-good
Well.. actually makes them one shot kills for practically anything. As for me gettin'
in a Goliath, it is my #4 vehicle of choice on BattleFront. See... I'm only a tank
whore in SOME maps

Excellent euphanism at the end. SDMMICAMPG !!
Old 01-03-2007, 06:48 PM   #15
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
As stated.. the conundrum once you've acquired the opponents air can be... well...
confusing. I am able to stay out of the battle for approximately 13.2 seconds before I
start getting antsy. One thing you can do to keep a Raptor safe, but still contribute
offensively for your team is to keep it well back on your side and hit node 7/8 if they are
not yours. Nothing can touch you once you learn your limit of forward progress. Well.. unless that
b*stard Razz creeps onto your side. It suddenly occurred to me today as Razz
was owning me (as he always does) that I know his new nickname...

Hence forward, I shall also refer to Mr Razzle Dazzle as "Inigo Montoya". Why ? Cuz his line
in the movie (Princess Bride) fits so well...

"my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father... prepare to die"
Old 01-03-2007, 07:15 PM   #16
rzl_dzl
Just Registered

great thread.

even though im not that big a fan of this map (mainly because it usually takes over 1hr and 20min to complete), i can appreciate it more with the existence of this thread. a lot of times i play this map and end up being the high score, but rest assured, this is not pure luck! a lot of work comes into play when rzl_dzl is on the field. here are some of my strategies for battlefront (although the strategies previously mentioned pretty much cover the most important methods for a team to win):

i, like carpe, like to go for the raptor first. im not sure how many people do this, but i quickly get to the raptor by examining the base at the start of the map. as soon as we all spawn, i quickly take a look at where the exit to the vehicles are and then move to the raptor accordingly. with a mix of side dodges and super dodges, i get to the raptor just in time to be the first to take it to the first node. while building the first node, a new strategy ive adopted is to, while charging, walk to the weapon locker and load up. this gives you the invaluable mine layer which is essential in properly defending the node opposite to where the ion t spawns and at the same time, help you attack incoming opponents. 4 times out of 5 im able to successfully defend the node using this method as well as properly aiming the shock and/or the sniper rifle.

about 90% of the time im playing this map, im on foot. this means knowing the art of the super dodge is crucial. it gets you places almost as fast as a tank, sometimes at just the same speed. i like to quickly move to the opposing teams hills and take out their trucks and tanks with flak. since theyre too busy aiming at long distances, they rarely see me coming in. this works well as it helps my team take nodes and move in to the enemies bunker without having to worry about getting sniped or blasted by a tank shell.

the way you spawn is very important, at least to me. like carpe said, spawning at the nodes with the mine layer lockers is useless and wastes time. i like to spawn at my bunker, then warp to the base for the sniper rifle then either spawn back to the bunker or better yet, to a middle node that is up. doing the latter shortens my time to the hills and the enemies bunker. occasionally i will grab a tank if i see one unmanned although it is not my priority.

doing all these things surprisingly ups my score drastically due to lots of node building and enemy vehicle take downs not to mention off-vehicle combat. of course, my methods would be completely futile if i didnt have a team taking care of the core essentials. i.e. everything mentioned in the above posts.

i have other tricks, but i dont wanna give those away because then ill have nothing left on the field lol.

see you guys on the front!
Send a message via AIM to rzl_dzl Send a message via Yahoo to rzl_dzl rzl_dzl is offline  
Old 01-03-2007, 07:59 PM   #17
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzl_dzl
a new strategy ive adopted is to, while charging, walk to the weapon locker and load up. this gives you the invaluable mine layer which is essential in properly defending the node opposite to where the ion t spawns and at the same time, help you attack incoming opponents.
Funny, I've taken to doing exactly the same thing Although, you OWNED me earlier today
as we both arrived at node 7... you had the shorter flight and I saw your mines down as I
came over the rise. Normally, if someone in the other Raptor beats me there I fly right at him
and when he lets an Avril go at me I bail just before it hits me, usually catching him switching weapons.
Your freekin' mines negated that. Very nice.

Quote:
about 90% of the time im playing this map, im on foot. this means knowing the art of the super dodge is crucial. it gets you places almost as fast as a tank, sometimes at just the same speed.
pray tell.. what is a super dodge ? not a double jump ? Incidentally, you bring up what I consider
a critical "weapon" in BF... soldiers on foot. With Avrils. As you say, a lot of times you don't
get noticed when you're on foot.

Quote:
i have other tricks, but i dont wanna give those away because then ill have nothing left on the field lol.
ya, like mad skillz. Like we could just adopt those

peace,

Carpe
Old 01-03-2007, 08:03 PM   #18
Pi

To add to Rzl's 'super-dodge' movement: you actually move a little faster than a tank does, so it's actually (somewhat) common for experienced players in AS to take off with tanks fully expecting to get a mini-gunner (since in AS moving specific vehicles sometimes IS winning the game, every ounce of movement counts).

For those of you who dont know what the heck this 'super-dodge' is, it's commonly referred to as a dodge-jump and goes as follows: dodge, then in the middle of the dodge 2x jump. or as a key sequence (using left): a-a...space-space.... Finally, why the heck didnt (super) Pi (*poke* carpe *poke*) use w-w (or forward forward)? Because dodge sideways moves your further than forward, and is amplified by the 2x jump. So, the sequence that regulars use is: {turn 90 degrees}, dodge-dodge, {turn 90 degrees to face forward again}, jump-jump. both ONS and AS can be all about speed on foot, and it's surprising how few ONSers move like that (not that I'm complaining, i like being able to overtake 90% of the enemy team).

...and there's the rest who are just jumping around like a bunch of half-drunk monkeys spamming and camping their little hearts out. ~Coyote

Old 01-03-2007, 08:08 PM   #19
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi
To add to Rzl's 'super-dodge' movement: you actually move a little faster than a tank does, so it's actually (somewhat) common for experienced players in AS to take off with tanks fully expecting to get a mini-gunner (since in AS moving specific vehicles sometimes IS winning the game, every ounce of movement counts).

For those of you who dont know what the heck this 'super-dodge' is, it's commonly referred to as a dodge-jump and goes as follows: dodge, then in the middle of the dodge 2x jump. or as a key sequence (using left): a-a...space-space.... Finally, why the heck didnt (super) Pi (*poke* carpe *poke*) use w-w (or forward forward)? Because dodge sideways moves your further than forward, and is amplified by the 2x jump. So, the sequence that regulars use is: {turn 90 degrees}, dodge-dodge, {turn 90 degrees to face forward again}, jump-jump. both ONS and AS can be all about speed on foot, and it's surprising how few ONSers move like that (not that I'm complaining, i like being able to overtake 90% of the enemy team).
Cool... I mean I had heard about the dodge sequencing, but never tried it. Do players that use
this strictly use keyboard for movement ? I myself use the mouse to turn and such.. is that a
limitation ?

Keep poking Mr A La Mode. Don't make me do up another screenie !! :butthead:
Old 01-03-2007, 08:11 PM   #20
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi

Cool... I mean I had heard about the dodge sequencing, but never tried it. Do players that use
this strictly use keyboard for movement ? I myself use the mouse to turn and such.. is that a
limitation ?

Keep poking Mr A La Mode. Don't make me do up another screenie !! :butthead:
No, I use the same setup. In fact, I really should edit the post, but i wont: the turn 90 degrees back to forward can be done at any time after the dodge, and is really in conjunction with the jump-jump. (i.e. the dodge is the only movement that determines your direction of travel, so everything after that is just a booster, keeping the dodge speed going for extra time).

the other AS learned jumps: (less detail cuz it's near pi's bedtime, and maybe ppl know these? let me know if you dont)
* get up the barakaded hills on battlefront using a dodge jump (yes, up the steep part)
* best movement metric (farthest jump) is jump- 2x dodge - jump... obviously you must have a wall to dodge off of, but if there is a pit in a building or next to a surface...

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught