Other Games All Other Servers

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games

Old 06-10-2019, 02:43 AM   #1
BoFox
THY FLESH CONSUMED

Default Anybody play TOXIKK?

Quote:
<b>
"Vehicles, double jumping, wall boosts, sprawling outdoor areas akin to UTís Onslaught mode, gritty city maps, and a focus on clan competition are all in the mix." - PCGamer
</b>
https://www.toxikk.com/

Hmmm!!! There's a free version for download. I just found out about this from Fata1ty's video on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYvnvYvL79M

BTW, so sad when a youtube commenter said this:
Quote:
But the entire genre is practically dead because of this elitist attitude towards new players. Toxikk has no player base whatsoever. Quake is really thin. Unreal Tournament might not even happen. RIP Arena FPS
Damn Fortnite! Damn CSGO and CoD campers! Damn everything else!
Old 06-10-2019, 11:15 AM   #2
Enyo
Getting there...

Looks cool, might check that out.

I think the youtuber comment about Arena FPS is off the mark... maybe some new players get turned off by "elitist attitudes," but the truth is battle royale games are the money makers and draw the largest numbers of new players by praying on the immature vanity of teens and pre-teens.

If elitist attitude was a major turn-off for newbies, then that Ninja guy wouldn't have millions of twitch followers. My son watches his streams and said he's one of the cockiest Fortnite players out there.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:22 PM   #3
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

I've played Toxikk a few times and thought it was pretty decent, although I haven't played it in a while. Might be some updates since then.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:43 PM   #4
BoFox
THY FLESH CONSUMED

Cool.. I haven't played it yet. It certainly looks like as if it were made by UT2004 enthusiasts, no doubt.. The gameplay mechanics are pretty much the same - wall dodge jumps, double jump, etc. Too bad UT4 came out right afterwards, even if it was never finished thanks to the lucrative prospect of Fortnite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
Looks cool, might check that out.

I think the youtuber comment about Arena FPS is off the mark... maybe some new players get turned off by "elitist attitudes," but the truth is battle royale games are the money makers and draw the largest numbers of new players by praying on the immature vanity of teens and pre-teens.

If elitist attitude was a major turn-off for newbies, then that Ninja guy wouldn't have millions of twitch followers. My son watches his streams and said he's one of the cockiest Fortnite players out there.
Preying - I caught you with a spelling error for the first time ever! Haha..

Good point, dude.. both you and I could easily dominate all of these games that branched off of Counter Strike and Team Fortress.. CoD, Battlefield, and now these games. It just uses a different aiming strategy with the recoil and the hitscan mechanics - but once you get the handle of the aiming at the instant the crosshair reticle fixes on the target for a headshot, then boom! It's completely different from Quake3/Unreal games... well, somewhat like using Goliath's primary fire for accuracy - you have to account for the movement - the momentum of the turret itself.

I think what was meant regarding "elitist attitudes" was the intolerance of those who lacked in skill or teamplay qualities - as many servers just gravitated toward clan-oriented elitist societies. When such games' player-bases started dwindling to the remaining few hardcore players, they just absolutely dominated the newcomers and gave them no chance. There was just no hope for the newcomers, who were felt like their brains were being fucked out into oblivion by the "cheaters", as they often assumed.

Yet, with PUBG or Fortnite, the player-base remained large enough with a healthy growth factor, with enough newcomers pouring in on a daily base, that the elitists who quickly developed their skills at the beginning remained few and sparse among the population at large. That was the fuel to the fire - as long as the fire didn't dwindle, the fire kept on burning thanks to the added fuel.

These kind of games are driven by the console genre gameplay style, that were not hardcore enough to require the use of a mouse and keyboard like the Quake/Unreal genre. Hence the massive population of all of these kiddies who don't even know what it's like to just do ruthless fighting arena-style without all of the camping crap or cheap teamplay strategy.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:38 PM   #5
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YAY0UFXJxE
Splitgate is like Halo with portals. I didn't really find it too compelling compared to UT2004 though.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:33 AM   #6
BoFox
THY FLESH CONSUMED

Cool! It definitely requires a lot more thinking with the strategic placement of the portals. The graphics art looks a lot like Prey - a 10/10 quality single-player game made back in 2005 using Doom3's engine. The multiplayer aspect of Halo is a bit shallow though, like Goldeneye or Perfect Dark from the late 90's era. I've only liked the Halo games for its single-player plot and mindless "zen" mode of normal gameplay difficulty which was so easy that it was actually relaxing to play (one of the rare games that made me feel relaxed).
Old 10-06-2020, 12:12 AM   #7
MichaelWilliams
Just Registered

A pitting resource and change is erected for the future challenges. Option is invited or the true means of the advanced writers review for all issues for the team. Skills are invited or the turns for the injunction in the mid of the plants for the erections.
Old 11-22-2020, 03:17 PM   #8
EmanReleipS
CEONSS' Head Honcho III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous[Lolz] View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YAY0UFXJxE
Splitgate is like Halo with portals. I didn't really find it too compelling compared to UT2004 though.

My little bro and I tried Splitgate today and had quite a bit of fun. Feels a bit slower than UT though because it's missing dodging. I do enjoy having a melee and somehow aiming feels easier.

I've tried Toxikk but I'm embarrassed to say that I'm struggling with the dodge-jump combo, so I gave up.

Then again, I've been playing UT for 10+ years. Can't expect to reach that level of familiarity with another game so quickly.

I'm excited for the Open Tournament project.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:46 AM   #9
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmanReleipS View Post
I'm excited for the Open Tournament project.

Me too, I'd love to see some ONS action on that...
Old 11-23-2020, 03:43 PM   #10
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

BTW: Where did BoFox go? Haven't seen him and Enyo fighting for almost a year or more now, LOL
Old 11-23-2020, 04:14 PM   #11
EmanReleipS
CEONSS' Head Honcho III

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
Me too, I'd love to see some ONS action on that...

Very true! The thing I miss the most in other shooters is the ONS mode. And my mantas.
Old 11-23-2020, 05:01 PM   #12
Tater
chewing ass & kicking gum

I have it on steam, at least the demo. It seemed pretty cool, but as far as I could tell there was no Onslaught type of gamemode sadly. It was different, but you could tell it was similar to UT and the DEVS are really respectable in that everything is unlocked with a one time purchase (unlike games that have 'battle-crates' or other DLC B.S.)

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games