Other Games All Other Servers

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games

Old 04-29-2018, 01:56 PM   #21
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
I like world of warships. Play a destroyer or its a lobby sim for 3/4 the round.
I haven't tried it. I had a look when it was mentioned in a thread here once but I never tried it. I can just tell somehow that I won't stick with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlueEater View Post
At one time I recommended World of Tanks but now I tell people to stay away. It has the most toxic community of any on line game I've ever seen. I still play from time to time and I usually see Tres Gonads on there. I usually don't stay long though.
Right now I'm chasing down enemy planes in War Thunder while waiting on 303 Squadron and Post Scriptum to come out. Overall, I'm not happy with the way online gaming has gone. Having one large server with players of different ability makes for nothing but lopsided matches. Also, more teenagers and young men now own gaming computers and they, of course, bring their attitudes with them. Hence the number of a-holes playing has grown exponentially.
I tried WoT again recently. I read my comments on why I stopped playing it and decided I was giving up too soon. I read and watched about things like spotting and armor and I get that much better now but what turns me away is how a player really needs to know all the different tanks to be effective. It's just too much to learn. You need to know what kind of armor every tank has so you can decide when to shoot and what type of shells to use. If I was a tank geek it would be great but I don't want to learn all that. I'm up for a little more than just blowing shit up but not that much.

From their web page War Thunder is trying really hard to look like WoT. Is it less complicated? There are hundreds of vehicles. Do I need to learn them all?
Old 04-29-2018, 07:30 PM   #22
GlueEater
Getting there...

Although you can re-spawn in War Thunder I could never stand the ground battles. Tanks only need to get hit once and they are destroyed. This gives experienced players a HUGE advantage because they know the best sniping spots. No fun when you've played 12 matches in an evening and only have 5 kills but died 32 times.
The aviation side is a little more fun, even inexperienced players can jump in and shoot down bad guys right off the bat. The leveling up is a bit confusing and I still have a lot to figure out. However, winning matches comes down to destroying enemy ground targets so if everyone on your team is in fighters you're screwed. Guess I need to grind a line of bombers.
World of tanks has a very steep learning curve that chases off new players. It also suffers from awful match making. Basically team one gets 6-8 pro players platooning with each other and 6-8 regular joes. Team two gets 6-8 awful players that do nothing but hide or die right away and 6-8 regular joes.
Rage quickly sets in when you realize you're a regular joe that always gets stuck on team two night after night.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:07 PM   #23
Stinger
Build the bloody nodes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by provert View Post
Been looking for your clan, but it never comes up in a search. Fun game to pass the time between service calls.
Hi, go to clan, then search clan, enter iTS, (first letter is lower case) it comes up down the list, we currently have 378 cup points, and have a purple/ green shield, killer doggie and stinger in members list,

we have UK and US and a few good others, you are welcome to join, what name are you using?

Last edited by Stinger; 06-10-2018 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: .
Old 06-10-2018, 01:22 PM   #24
Stinger
Build the bloody nodes!

Originally Posted by Enyo
I tried this game and gave it nice "meh" on the Enyo interest meter.

Originally Posted by Binger
Bummer, I would like to find something like a much simpler version of World of Tanks.

That's a shame because it has a large worldwide player base, and it is exactly what you are looking for, a simpler tanks game that you can access anywhere, has a very good
interface and graphics, all players get similar network performance, its really good on a tablet, some people use their phone, ios or android give it a go !
Old 06-12-2018, 01:48 AM   #25
Enyo
Getting there...

I gave it the good olí college try stinger, just moves too slow for my ADD brain.

I started playing Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes a few months ago and it chews up what little spare time I have in a day. Itís what I call a great ďtoilet game.Ē If you ever enjoyed playing any role playing/character building type games like Dungeons & Dragons, and you like Star Wars, youíll love it. Itís an extremely strategic game and itís 100% free. And not like most of the free tablet games where you can only get so far before they start cajoling you into spending money to progress. You can, of course, foolishly spend real cash to get ahead faster, but why unless you just have more money than sense?
Old 06-14-2018, 06:43 PM   #26
Stinger
Build the bloody nodes!

ok Enyo it will never suit everyone, it's not so good at the start when you have to increase in rank and earn a half decent tank upgrade, but everyone has to work their way up, but as you pointed out some are taking the quick route by using hundreds of real $$.
Most of us insist on playing for free, which is possible just slower to advance, KD and me both paid for a months premium just to get "a leg up" when it counted, less than $20
Old 06-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #27
Enyo
Getting there...

I saw a really interesting TED Talk from a former Google/Facebook/Microsoft/Sega programmer (yeah, this guy worked for all of them) that talked about how software, social media, video and gaming companies are using your hard-wired brain with its chemically induced happiness to keep you coming back for more and monetizing that auto-response. It’s called gamification and it’s spreading into other businesses and fields. Just something to keep in mind next time you feel like it’s ok to spend “only $20” or even less to get a leg up in one of these games. Disney has mastered that with SWGOH, you find yourself constantly frustrated going the free route with shitty farming drops and frequent events your characters are nowhere near ready to complete. But, it’s all purposely built that way, that’s how Disney/EA raked in $152 million in 2017 alone off a “free” game.

Great short article about gamification: https://technologyadvice.com/blog/in...icole-lazzaro/
Old 08-08-2018, 04:24 PM   #28
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

A german song about tanks with english subs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Fo37vjjdQ
An Anime which you should watch because it's funny. "Girls und Panzer" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girls_und_Panzer
And here a scene from the anime about the litle german "Maus" =D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhz_yFT3dJI

DiscordServer; SteamGroup; WebSite

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games