Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 10-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #21
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
You did ? Don't remember seeing them. PM them to me. I prefer you have the files already, but I don't want to go searching
for them. If you don't send me the maps (and associated required files) at least give me working links please.

I can put 200 more maps on the server, I'm saying they won't see the light of day because they won't get voted on. But
by all means, send them to me again and I'll put them on.

*shrug*

http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthread.php?t=14060

Old 10-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #22
Wormbo
Wormlike

Just remembered:
I created a custom variation of the built-in voting handler for the guys over at UTzone.de that adds a "random map" entry to the list. If that entry wins the vote, the handler picks a random entry from the map list and pretends that one has won the vote. It would allow people to vote for "meh, I want to try something new without committing myself to a certain map."
Old 10-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #23
Smegma
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
Stock maps are better IMO.

They separate the men from the boys.

Occasionally I see one of the OMNI regulars on a Torlan server. They almost always cry "bot" and leave.
Sure, there are botters that show up from time to time, but there are also a few veterans that are so good, they make the
botters rage-quit. Not to mention the fairly strong admin presence keeping them out.

If one can overcome the frustration of pretty much re-learning the game, stock maps are the way to go for a more fulfilling gaming experience.
I used to admin that server. And yes, there are bots. At the time, 3 a day sounded about right. Little punks that downloaded Helios and thought it would be fun to sit in a turret...
Old 10-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #24
Kamek
Unreal Goblin Hunter

+1 on the "random map" voting option, if we're not still hung up on trying to stay whitelisted then it'd be a great addition to the server.

Unfortunately I don't see it getting used often, folks are still going to vote for Kakmo whenever it comes up, or Minus whenever it comes up, and so on, and the "random" option probably won't get any traction... though on the flip side, stranger things have happened, and I've seen relatively-unplayed maps sometimes get enough votes to win when someone decides to randomly pick it, probably if for no other reason than to play "anything but (X) map".
Old 10-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #25
Wormbo
Wormlike

There are no whitelisting issues with the random vote, it's not a mutator.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #26
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

I noticed that the window of opportunity for getting another relatively-unplayed map voted in is pretty small. You need to do it with-in the first 5-7 secs of voting otherwise something else will get the vote.

ps- +1 on the random voting as well, esp. if it not a whitelist problem.
: I don't know what happened... I went to jack it and it blew up in my face.
Team:
Old 11-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #27
Tagger
Just Registered

Beth,

I don't believe map changes will solve the problem. They'll find a way on any map.

I wasted a weekend watching exactly the behavior you described (take the map, leave the core locked, then spawnkill while waiting for the clock to run out). My last game ended after two rounds of Minus with the other team pounding three levels of our base with both Ions and Mino. That was six weeks ago, and I haven't been back.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #28
Beth

I just don't understand why these players want the same maps over and over and over. ugh It just gets so boring. I love this server )o( but you people need a map change. Start choosing other maps. It's the same 7 to 10 maps every single night. Most of the players play on other servers too like DW so you do get a variety of different maps playing between omni and DW but the players that ONLY play on omni (ME) just get tired of the SOSO maps. So start playing different maps people.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #29
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

Depends on which side I'm on. If I'm the winning side, I actually try to finish the round off by building the nodes and trying to hit the core. I ignore the calls to sit back and base rape. I know there are a couple of folks who'd do the same. Sorry you didn't seem to have anyone like that one the opposing team.

On the other side, when it gets that bad, my normal response to that is to spectate or leave. If enough of the team does that, it normally does the trick. At some point, somebody balances the teams and it pisses enough people off that they don't do it again. Sometimes you get lucky and the person encouraging the base rape gets switched... and then normally rage quits! Sadly this normally draws other folks in that weren't as bad. The lesson is the same though, finish the round as fast as you can.
: I don't know what happened... I went to jack it and it blew up in my face.
Team:

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught