Unreal Tournament Unreal Servers Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament
View Poll Results: Are you willing to donate to keep Omni alive ?
Ya sure, I can spare $5 or $10 a year 3 15.00%
Yes, put me down for $20 a year 12 60.00%
Hell ya, I'll donate what I can ! 4 20.00%
No. UT2K4 is dying. Lets just let it run out as is 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2019, 01:32 PM   #1
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Default Would you donate ?

As most of you know, current on-going discussions have illustrated how tenuous the server is
as of this moment because of Analog being awol. Since he has the keys to the house server
that means changes/functionality is limited and if something were to happen to the box we are
hosted on, we're shit outta luck.

The answer is to move Omni onto a game rental server, most likely NFO and would be in Chicago
(where the current server is). This means $'s. So vote.

I've already said this, but I will throw $40 a year into the pot. )O(mnipotents holds a special place
in my gaming heart and despite not playing any more I want to see it rock on into the future.

Going this route means if donations drop below the break even point, the server goes bye bye.
My love doesn't run deep enough to foot the whole bill.

Feel free to comment and/or show your commitment.

Old 04-06-2019, 04:15 PM   #2
duh
www.gotse.cx

cross posting this on the facebook page.

What's the total cost per year gonna be, Carpe?
Old 04-06-2019, 04:40 PM   #3
dognuts
Just Registered

I said it on another post but happy to say it again: I'm in for 20 but will match your offer if 20 isn't enough to keep it going. Love this server and don't want to see it go the way of the Dodo.

dog
Old 04-06-2019, 08:49 PM   #4
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by duh View Post

What's the total cost per year gonna be, Carpe?

Figger about $320. So we need 16 or so players to step up with $20 per year.

This is exploratory for now, seeing if this is even viable.

Old 04-07-2019, 11:19 AM   #5
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

I'll donate for sure. Should we donate now, or is there a time when donations are open?
Old 04-07-2019, 12:26 PM   #6
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
I'll donate for sure. Should we donate now, or is there a time when donations are open?
Carpe said it in another post, but wait to donate. He’s not even 100% sure where the current PayPal donations go, so he’s going to set up a new PayPal donation that he’ll be able to account for. This post is just to make sure there’s enough interest to even bother with the whole server transfer.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:53 PM   #7
BoFox
THY FLESH CONSUMED

There's always DW that we could go back to... Where Enyo can't use his admin prominence to tell others to not let me use the mino, switch teams whenever he wishes, tell everybody to support his mino while he takes advantage of his own 120 degrees FOV compared to my 100 degree FOV, while he also seems to know exactly where I am at by spectating me on-the-fly using his admin privileges....

I'm just joking.. Enyo is in love with my weird jokes.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:31 PM   #8
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

The voting options are weard. The last option claims that you think the game would die.. fact is a game only "die" when the whole community WANT to kill it. We for example have some players who really can't effort a single $ as they need it for food. And hey we love and respect them as any other player.

What I would do, If I would be you: I would first let Carpe set up a new free bank accound with paypall stuff. (I trust Carp as I would give him my money to keep it save for a period of time.) Than I would start donating to it. Carpe needs to keep a monthly list up to date how much was donated by who and when. Let Omni run on Analogs box as long it is running. Make some back ups. Don't touch the money. IF/ WHen Annis server would go down, and is down for longer than two days, set up a cheap NFO-box and start using the money. Make an annoucement. When the money is going down to two years sopport, make an announcement that you need money. If it needs to shut down, upload the server somewhere and share all files for all players.

DiscordServer; SteamGroup; WebSite
Old 04-07-2019, 08:11 PM   #9
MaDPaT
Just Registered

I will donate. Give me the paypal account and it will be done. Love this game. Get killed alot but love this game.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:22 PM   #10
EmanReleipS
CEONSS' Head Honcho III

I think starting the donations now would be a good idea. You will get to see how many will actually contribute, as well as get some funds to start looking at servers (may have to rent a few before you find the one that works best). It may also be a good idea to save up a little, so that if donations fall short there will still be some savings to draw on. If you are worried that you may end up staying with the current server (and not renting a new one), the person to receive the funds could create a list of all donations and return them if you don't end up using them.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:46 PM   #11
dognuts
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmanReleipS View Post
I think starting the donations now would be a good idea. You will get to see how many will actually contribute, as well as get some funds to start looking at servers (may have to rent a few before you find the one that works best). It may also be a good idea to save up a little, so that if donations fall short there will still be some savings to draw on. If you are worried that you may end up staying with the current server (and not renting a new one), the person to receive the funds could create a list of all donations and return them if you don't end up using them.
I agree. We can always refund the donations if/as necessary.

dog
Old 04-08-2019, 07:38 PM   #12
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

>No. UT2K4 is dying. Lets just let it run out as is

Who did that? NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Won't let it happen.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:28 PM   #13
BoFox
THY FLESH CONSUMED

I did, just for shits and giggles.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:55 PM   #14
Snake98
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
Carpe said it in another post, but wait to donate. He’s not even 100% sure where the current PayPal donations go, so he’s going to set up a new PayPal donation that he’ll be able to account for. This post is just to make sure there’s enough interest to even bother with the whole server transfer.

Doah, just donated today, Should I start a refund process?
Old 04-09-2019, 10:11 PM   #15
BoFox
THY FLESH CONSUMED

I'll donate, if we can all play on DW (DeathWarrant) at least once a week. Let's set a DW day of the week. I'm just bored with OMNI's maps and play style. Too much marathon-style playing, etc.. not enough fragging. Some of DW's maps are sorely missed, like DeathDome, Spambox, Bitchslap, Tripleslap, one of the revisions of Dreamus.. Heck, we don't even play much of Tyrant here. It's just too much of the same old, same old.. for me here that I'm craving for the glorious UT2004 days when we had nearly full DW and OMNI servers every night of the week, and I'd just switch to whichever one I was in the mood for.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:28 PM   #16
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoFox View Post
I'll donate, if we can all play on DW (DeathWarrant) at least once a week. Let's set a DW day of the week. I'm just bored with OMNI's maps and play style. Too much marathon-style playing, etc.. not enough fragging. Some of DW's maps are sorely missed, like DeathDome, Spambox, Bitchslap, Tripleslap, one of the revisions of Dreamus.. Heck, we don't even play much of Tyrant here. It's just too much of the same old, same old.. for me here that I'm craving for the glorious UT2004 days when we had nearly full DW and OMNI servers every night of the week, and I'd just switch to whichever one I was in the mood for.
We're not fighting to keep DW alive... either opt to keep OMNI going by donating or go play by yourself on the empty DW server.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:07 AM   #17
BoFox
THY FLESH CONSUMED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
We're not fighting to keep DW alive... either opt to keep OMNI going by donating or go play by yourself on the empty DW server.
Giving me an absolution like this.. now you're getting weird, Enyo!
Old 04-10-2019, 08:47 AM   #18
Rando
Just Registered

Quote:
I'm with you on this but I've accepted at this point in the UT life cycle there's 3 options. CEONSS during the day, Torlan on repeat at Fair Gamers, or OMNI at night. That's it. Accept it for what it is and move on.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:45 AM   #19
BoFox
THY FLESH CONSUMED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando View Post
I'm with you on this but I've accepted at this point in the UT life cycle there's 3 options. CEONSS during the day, Torlan on repeat at Fair Gamers, or OMNI at night. That's it. Accept it for what it is and move on.
Are you guys really that dull? We need more spice in life! I mean, the CEONSS vs OMNI was a good idea, but if I made that idea myself, you'd all be bashing against it like a bunch of whiny pansies.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:12 AM   #20
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Are you guys really that dull? We need more spice in life! I mean, the CEONSS vs OMNI was a good idea, but if I made that idea myself, you'd all be bashing against it like a bunch of whiny pansies.
I used to play on DW quite a lot and don't really understand why it died off so suddenly. BUT, you're talking about trying to get a bunch of OMNI players that repeatedly vote for the same maps to go play on another server to "spice things up." No, dude, we're not dull, just realistic... we're having a hard enough time trying to keep our own player roster up, so I don't think you'll find much interest in trying to rekindle a dead server.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament