Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 01-21-2020, 01:35 PM   #1
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Default How long do you hang around before you rage quit?

Your team is the shit, they are gonna lose.

I'm all over the place on this, depending on my mood and if I like the map or not.

I’ve listed a few patterns I’ve observed of others and myself in this situation. Ranked from 10 for most honorable down to 0 for whiny little-bitch level.

10/10: Bite the bullet and be a good sport and stay until the end. It’s just a game and sometimes you get a great team, sometimes you don’t.
8/10: Stick around for 2 rounds, but bail when the 3rd round of losing is inevitable.
7/10: Stay until the end of the current round and then quit and quietly walk away.

2/10: Become useless and hope it ends soon so you get a new team/map.
1/10: Bitch and complain and call your team mates losers GTKY style, then quit.
0/10: Switch to the winning team. Either directly or by spectating and then joining the winning team when a spot opens up. Most dis-honorable and even kickable if observed by an admin.

Hats off to those who consistently do a 10/10. I know of only a few that are at this level.

Last edited by McLovin; 01-21-2020 at 03:43 PM..
Old 01-21-2020, 10:40 PM   #2
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Don't forget ragespec and rejoin at next map

I pretty much never quit mid-round unless something comes up in real life. I'll usually stay and fight but I'll definitely go into slack mode at times.

It is interesting though how well you can observe the difference just one person makes when giving up.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:10 AM   #3
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Depends.

Differenet when its almost midnight and I've been on teams that don't understand the 6 maps we always play, like insisting on building 6 in minus while 8/9 go unbuilt....and I've lost three matches in a row...then I usually decide sleep is more fun.

If it's earlier in the gaming session then I usually stay, hopefully to help beat the other team.

I've seen a few matches where my team won, and at the beginning it was like.."Gonna get our asses kicked now"

But when you're on a team and the other had Enyo, Xexx, Sarge, Army, etc and you've got three players you've never heard of...Or three that you have, (but I won't name names of some of the weaker players). And by weaker I mean players who are either new, or just like to screw around or just don't get the strategy.

And you never know who might end up joining and turn the tables.
Old 01-22-2020, 11:01 AM   #4
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post

And you never know who might end up joining and turn the tables.
Exactly! I've left in fustration and fatique, only to come back after a break, spectate and watch the losing team I was on get new blood and it turned around for them. My empty spot opened up and stonger players joined, came in and made a different mix. I've seen this happen often, haha!
Old 01-23-2020, 08:19 PM   #5
provert
Just Registered

I usually try to stay as it is a good learning experience. Enyo gets upset when I say GG too early...lol Sometimes you just know it's never going to happen, but sometimes you are also surprised. Might have a good player join or leave. Maybe someone who was barely playing wants to prove me wrong. I give it about three maps. If the teams are still slanted after three, I'm out.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:02 AM   #6
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by provert View Post
I usually try to stay as it is a good learning experience. Enyo gets upset when I say GG too early...lol .
It's easy to say GG when I was on the winning team. Much harder to say it when the team was the shit and we lose badly.

Suck it up and say "gg", haha!
Old 01-24-2020, 12:28 PM   #7
Xexx

if-then-else, quit.

Shit map?
Shit team?
Chances of decent map/game next round divided by how long I've been playing.
What have I been neglecting to do after sitting on my ass for 3 hours?

I generally feel 0 obligation to stick around after we were easily steamrolled in 5 minutes. Most of the time there's like 3 or 4 newbies wandering to the middle of no where anyway.

If we've fought a decent game I'll usually stay until it's over, or at least until we have 0 nodes and 3 people are waiting on a single vehicle spawn.

You have to quit sometime, better to do it after a crappy losing map. Don't really care whether the last map was winning or losing.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:09 PM   #8
provert
Just Registered

"I generally feel 0 obligation to stick around after we were easily steamrolled in 5 minutes. Most of the time there's like 3 or 4 newbies wandering to the middle of no where anyway."

Which is exactly how we all feel when you start hitting the first node before it's touched and camping the core. While allowed, it's just poor sport.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:44 PM   #9
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by provert View Post

Which is exactly how we all feel when you start hitting the first node before it's touched and camping the core. While allowed, it's just poor sport.
I gotta push back on this one. Especially on certain node configurations for Minus Randomizer this can buy you a lot of time assuming your team is busy building the first nodes.

Core camping... ehhh yeah sure I think it's poor sport to just go over there and wreck vehicles. But killing their mino or other super vehicles is legit. And while it'll cause much rage, spawn killing at the core or any other locked node can potentially stall just enough enemy players that your team can push ahead one more node so I think it's still a good strategy that I'll use sometimes.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:43 PM   #10
Xexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
I gotta push back on this one. Especially on certain node configurations for Minus Randomizer this can buy you a lot of time assuming your team is busy building the first nodes.
This. There's just way too much bait in the minus map to not do this, especially during alternative setups. The mino instantly takes the corner node if yours come up first, so slowing the enemy down is pretty important to gaining early momentum.

There's always SOME type of gift there too that you could steal or kill: the node builder with the suicide nuke, a grounded enemy dragon, or at least you slow down the build and then steal their double damage with painter and take the corner node yourself if your mino is run by a newbie or otherwise isn't in position. Bonus points when you bag most of the enemy mino yourself from behind at 400 points of damage per hit using double damage.

Although I never do this on the darker version of minus with the nexus. There are no boards, only flyers so we can't spare one.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:42 AM   #11
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexx View Post
This. There's just way too much bait in the minus map to not do this, especially during alternative setups. The mino instantly takes the corner node if yours come up first, so slowing the enemy down is pretty important to gaining early momentum.

There's always SOME type of gift there too that you could steal or kill: the node builder with the suicide nuke, a grounded enemy dragon, or
Why it's called by many as "THE XEXX Maneuver", haha! I always keep my head up when building the right primary node on MTMU, cause I've been killed there many times that way.

Paminator used to do this on the left MTMU primary node. RIP Pam. It sure did piss people off then too, LOL.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:57 PM   #12
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
I always keep my head up when building the right primary node on MTMU, cause I've been killed there many times that way.
I wish more people understood that "annoying" moves in this game also have their own counterattacks that you can learn.
Oh no, he bunted! What do I do now??
Old 01-27-2020, 05:15 PM   #13
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
I wish more people understood that "annoying" moves in this game also have their own counterattacks that you can learn.
Oh no, he bunted! What do I do now??
Wasn't it you that did the turtle in the enemy base maneuver on Junkyard last week? Genius I say, that's some real Termi/Roger out-of-the-box thinking. Should call it the YEAAAHHHH maneuver, you'll be famous but probably not in popular way, LOL!
Old 01-28-2020, 06:48 PM   #14
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Wasn't it you that did the turtle in the enemy base maneuver on Junkyard last week? Genius I say, that's some real Termi/Roger out-of-the-box thinking. Should call it the YEAAAHHHH maneuver, you'll be famous but probably not in popular way, LOL!
Yessir!
Old 01-29-2020, 03:40 AM   #15
joeblow
Just Registered

Im a never quit person mostly because I like to play out till the end.

Some is its kinda against the rules on some servers to bail very very late in a game and as an game Admin I was kinda a prick to /ragequiters in general. It usually unbalances the teams by number and makes more people quit when they get flipped to the loosing team and turns into a shit show.
Old 01-29-2020, 11:37 PM   #16
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAk2ZYDeJc4

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught