Mappers' Corner Mappers and Modders

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner

Old 03-30-2020, 12:49 PM   #1
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Default Updating the MTMU Randomizer map..

There was some talk of making a new version which seemed to be well received.

Solidstate wanted more lobreakers...wait...no he wanted lobreaker arena mode....lol.. j/k

But seriously, I was thinking there's plenty of vehicles that don't show up LIP Choatic Mantas (Windblade, Short Circuit, Node Exp, Pulse Traitor) various flyers including the EnyoFalcon and XexxWasp (ok I just named them that because those two guys tend to kill me often with those). Also additional tanks (GoliathIIs etc.) that would be fun to add.

I found the Randomizer code here a while back and I couldn't see where it got the possible list of vehicles to add where it replaces the Vehicle Factories...I am going to poke at it some more time/work permitting.

Anyone got an idea where/how it picks? Plus I'd like to make sure we have mino arena mode.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:19 PM   #2
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
...Anyone got an idea where/how it picks? Plus I'd like to make sure we have mino arena mode.
Iirc there is a car shaped icon for the actor located on the 2nd or 3rd floor of one of the garages.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:04 PM   #3
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

A new "Randomizer-er" map would be great. A few ideas to toss around:

-More node setups. Maybe even some weird ones where cores are directly linked (no nodes) like Furious forcing defense/patrol strategies.
-Let the mino appear anywhere and not just the core.
-Grav orb tank
-Single vehicle variants. Like once in a blue moon our current map selects fire tanks only.
-Mino-me-up
-Flyers only
-Trucks only (hellhound, bender, king, bio, flame, cerebus etc)
-Scorps only
etc....

There could be far more mutations than what we currently have. I think this is what makes the map #1, it's a very popular map but the randomness of the vehicle/node layout keeps it fresh (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operan...ioning_chamber)
Old 03-31-2020, 06:13 PM   #4
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Iirc there is a car shaped icon for the actor located on the 2nd or 3rd floor of one of the garages.
Northwest garage, second level, by the core.

Is this the map where the one vehicle blows up when it spawns and sometimes you blow up when driving into the canal? If so I know where the volume is that's causing that. If you want to remove it I can show you where it is so you don't have to hunt for it.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:26 PM   #5
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Yes especially the Hurricaine.

Hoverboards also can disappear in the canal once you "exit" them and they land on the ground
Old 04-01-2020, 09:59 AM   #6
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post

-Let the mino appear anywhere and not just the core.

I like this idea, mostly cause it will really FUCK with the mino whores, haha!
Old 04-01-2020, 10:49 AM   #7
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Thanks Binger, I'll look for it.

Yes I think having more vehicles and more interesting mixes, even if some are too OP, or too UP. Might be some fun variants.

Node setups are pretty easy to do, but many players have enough trouble with the ones on there already..lol. I bet even if I put a line from 1 to 2 or 7 to 5 people would still build the middle.

Might be interesting though to create two random factories so you'd get more control over what spawns where....maybe 6 alternatively gets Levi, Kraken, Nexis, Mino
Old 04-01-2020, 03:06 PM   #8
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Yes especially the Hurricaine.

Hoverboards also can disappear in the canal once you "exit" them and they land on the ground

I remember talking with Turbo about that. I don't know what can be done about the hoverboard issue with the canals. Try to land the hoverboards on the little bits of terrain instead of the canal surface.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:43 PM   #9
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Thanks Binger. Found it. Although I couldn't find it on the map itself, I just Edit, Search for Actors, ONSVehicleRandomizer. Strange though I can't find the Actor class in the Actor Browser--which would give me access to the source, but it looks like most of it is configurable here...nicely done. Makes me wonder though if I can have two Random Factories (I don't think so, at least not without creating a new super class for vehicles...).

Suggestions for Vehicles? To include or exclude? I am thinking to exclude some of the slower ones (we can keep the V5b version as well)...add in pretty much everything from the Vehicle Loadout Map.

Old 04-01-2020, 06:34 PM   #10
reshred
shred and shred again.

I could do without every seeing a lobreaker again, even if it would bum solidstate out> I would like to see that two-person manta rotate in that shows up in Arctic Junkyard V3 , beta and the Viper (goo raptor) that shows up in one of the Magic Isle Versions.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:53 AM   #11
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Yes, it is tempting to make MTMU-SolidState-Favorite and make it all Lobreakers.... lol

I think there's a couple of possiblities
1. Kitchen Sink - Any and all vehicles (maybe some crappy ones removed like Goliaths, Lobreakers, Paladins etc.)
2. Tanks Only version - No Fliers (maybe boards)
3. Speed / Flier Versions - mostly fliers(Falcons, GooRaptor, Phoenix, Mirage Raptor, Wasp, Draco, Cicada, Banshee, Wraith etc.) and mantas (SC, WindBlade, Pulse Traitor, Node Exploder, Stingray, Wyvern) (and of course you HAVE to keep the mino)

I think all versions of the above need Batteries (faster avrils) vs. slow Avrils.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:33 PM   #12
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
Strange though I can't find the Actor class in the Actor Browser
It's under "Info".

Don't forget about Arena.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:41 PM   #13
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
Don't forget about Arena.

Yes, and right now the Arena mode is set a 0.02 (2%) way to low IMO, maybe 10% so 1 in 10 matches is all same vehicles.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:10 PM   #14
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

http://www.stormdrake.com/utmaps/ONS...k-V6-Alpha.ut2

Not sure I got all the dependencies right...let me know if there's errors.

Changes....40 random vehicles...no lobreakers. Batteries instead of Avrils.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner