Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 06-19-2018, 10:04 PM   #1
Enyo
Getting there...

Default NEW ADMINS PLEASE!!!

Carpe, Analog, whoever will listen... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bestow admin powers to someone... I mean fucking anybody at this point. This shit is ridiculous. There are multiple players fucking up the ONS server with repeated sandbagging, team killing, team switching, or literally doing nothing. There are ZERO admins around to police any of this nonsense and people apparently cannot be bothered to take 3 seconds to kick vote. If your intent is to drive away the small community that's left, then by all means do nothing. Otherwise, give some more players here admin powers to keep the server from becoming more infected with the these parasites.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:13 PM   #2
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

I'll take a spot. Happy to kick/llama/slap people who are wasting space
Old 06-20-2018, 01:11 PM   #3
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

I agree, seen a few instances of team switching, team sabotaging, as well as just being able to easily kick idlers.

I don't know why but over the last couple of weeks seems like the 0 point idlers has gotten worse and for some reason they don't get kicked by inactivity.

The other thing is it seems there's been a few "new" players, perhaps trying a cheap game and some good admin policing might help keep things working well: either making sure the noobs don't get slammed for being new, or showing that disruptive behavior won't be tolerated (except for teasing shadow).
Old 06-20-2018, 01:43 PM   #4
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

I don't really see the problem with shadow, you can just mute him if he really triggers you that much.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:07 PM   #5
Enyo
Getting there...

Shadow is definitely not an issue as it relates to this thread. So please donít muddy it up with unrelated comments. Iíd like to see some more players in here echoing my sentiment for more admins. The lack of them is severely hurting the server.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:08 AM   #6
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

I don't really pay attention to which admins are in-game or not. I'm too busy playing and trying to have fun than to stalk like that during the game. I'm more interested in getting my favorite kills in on specific players, haha!

Which admins are playing anymore and which have gone dark?
Old 06-21-2018, 12:08 PM   #7
Binger

I agree with you ofc Enyo but it's hard to find the will anymore.to post about stuff like this. It's old news, it's been said before yet here we are. Most times I'm just giving up and the times I'm not don't make a difference. At least we still have somewhere to play.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:46 PM   #8
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

A long time ago I wanted to be an admin to do just what Enyo is talking about. I am not on the server enough anymore to make a difference.

I give a lot of credit to those that keep this server up, it is still the best server out there.

The only admin I see at all is Flounder. The ability to kick douchebags should be given to a player that is fair, not some hothead.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:07 PM   #9
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crow View Post
...The ability to kick douchebags should be given to a player that is fair, not some hothead.
That pretty much disqualifies everyone I know of on the server, haha! Oh wait a minute SPOON, he is absolutely the calmest player I know right now. And he plays often, until he rages, haha! And Binger, if he would do it. Both play often enough to be around and are level headed enough for the task.

But I also think guys like Domm and Fragster would make great admins also.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:48 PM   #10
Stinger
Build the bloody nodes!

without a doubt, the more active admins around the better. Will never understand why ppl don't kick vote when its being called out
Old 06-21-2018, 07:07 PM   #11
dognuts
Just Registered

I've volunteered as well but so far no movement. Every time I get on the server I see the names of the admins and I can't remember the last time I saw any of them playing. It would be nice to be able to deal with the hangdowns.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:31 PM   #12
Enyo
Getting there...

I received a message from Flounder the other day the he's been active on the server almost daily the last couple weeks, albeit for short periods of time and playing under an alias. I mentioned that an admin playing under an alias is not nearly as effective as playing under his known admin handle. Players that know there's an admin on tend to behave better, and we who have an issue with someone that he may not see don't know he's even on to do anything about it.

Carpe, I hope you are reading all this and seriously considering baptizing a couple new admins... spoon and dognuts are both great picks and are both willing.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught