Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 04-18-2018, 04:19 PM   #1
Mailbox
Still Just Registered

Default Omnipotents Stats Site Proposal

Hello,

With the UT2004 stats site now being down for over 4 months back after 3 months due to an apparent frontend issue, I was wondering if people would be interested in having an instance of UTStatsDB running specifically for the Omnipotents server. I think it will be good for seeing how often particular maps get played lately, as well as gauging how long matches are for particular maps. The in-game counter counts time played since the map was introduced, which makes it difficult to determine general map popularity. Perhaps a hook could also be added that exposes the ranking scores given to players, and possibly open that up for potential reform.

What does everyone think?

EDIT: I checked CEONSS, and apparently the Epic Games UT2004 stat server has been back for over 5 weeks now. However, I think it may still be good to host an Omni-specific stats site. Also, our server isn't correctly reporting stats to the Epic stat server for some reason, as can be seen with this post-match stats page.

Last edited by Mailbox; 04-18-2018 at 05:55 PM..
Old 04-18-2018, 05:38 PM   #2
duh
www.gotse.cx

You got my vote!
Old 04-18-2018, 06:11 PM   #3
Binger

This would be cool.

I'm pretty sure the broken stats are not just on the Omni server. It's only on certain maps. I've said before that I thought it was related to certain vehicles. Iirc the folks at CE determined it to be something about too many custom damage types. I don't think that can be fixed. Maybe the UTStatsDB will report correctly.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:25 PM   #4
Mailbox
Still Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
I'm pretty sure the broken stats are not just on the Omni server. It's only on certain maps. I've said before that I thought it was related to certain vehicles. Iirc the folks at CE determined it to be something about too many custom damage types. I don't think that can be fixed. Maybe the UTStatsDB will report correctly.

That sounds believable. Perhaps my memory is failing me, but I feel like I remember a time when it wasn't that bad, before UTComp and the ranked team balancer was added to the server. You seem to be right though, stats for this match of MasterBath are reporting correctly.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:06 PM   #5
TotalBurn
Just Registered

+1
On a side note but same topic Im not sure why Omni is not registered on GameTracker. Its already tracking some basic stats, but could track more if someone claimed the server.

Im in favor of Mailbox's idea but realize it would take some work.

Last edited by TotalBurn; 04-18-2018 at 07:56 PM..
Old 04-19-2018, 02:28 AM   #6
Binger

I was going to ask analog to claim the server on Gametracker but I decided not to. I mean, they didn't claim it years ago, so... It would be cool though.

Mailbox, I know it goes back to at least when Wormbo got his D-Junk version on the server and I'm pretty sure it was happening at least as far back as 2010. Nothing new for sure. I think that any map that contains something with a damage type created after a certain date is going to fail to report stats.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #7
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailbox View Post
... I was wondering if people would be interested in having an instance of UTStatsDB running specifically for the Omnipotents server.
Yes, that would be cool.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:16 PM   #8
Enyo
Getting there...

Can't be all that difficult, the RMD guys have had their ONS server specific player stats available for years:
http://unrealmassdestruction.com/utstats/

You can sort by players (notice yours truly on line 6):
http://unrealmassdestruction.com/uts...?stats=players

Matches:
http://unrealmassdestruction.com/uts...?stats=matches

Why not ask them for their set up? I think Lagzilla has contact with their owner, rockalien. That's where he got the [RMD] Warhawk from.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught