YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

bumpin
Old 04-19-2018, 02:29 PM   #22
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
bumpin
Carpe has been here since this thread was started and he didn't comment so Idk. He doesn't respond much to things anymore. I wish he would hand the reigns over to analog. I feel like analog would take a more active role with the community but that he doesn't want to step on Carpe's toes.

I don't like Torlan or Primevel but at this point I wouldn't care if they were on the server. Good luck.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:45 AM   #23
Colbye
YouTube.com/user/WColbyK

I fully support the addition of Torlan. Original/Vanilla Torlan with any vehicle combinition.

Are they the same type of people that sit at a green light because they thought of something far more important to do while the light was red?

Either that or they can't stand to be alone with their thoughts because the silence is deafening.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:16 PM   #24
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Bumping
Old 05-31-2018, 01:46 PM   #25
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
Original/Vanilla Torlan with any vehicle combinition.

Torlan-TMU and Torlan-Mino-Me-Up coming soon!
Old 05-31-2018, 07:57 PM   #26
Colbye
YouTube.com/user/WColbyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
No. Fucking. Way.

Are they the same type of people that sit at a green light because they thought of something far more important to do while the light was red?

Either that or they can't stand to be alone with their thoughts because the silence is deafening.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:37 PM   #27
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
You doing the Torlan maps Pooty?
Old 06-01-2018, 12:50 AM   #28
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

stock Torlan
Old 06-01-2018, 10:24 AM   #29
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

Default Add another vote

Maybe this will help breakup the standard vote pattern a little.
: I don't know what happened... I went to jack it and it blew up in my face.
Team:
Old 06-02-2018, 06:35 PM   #30
duh
www.gotse.cx

Quote:

Can we get one with a Nexus too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
stock Torlan

Old 06-03-2018, 08:33 AM   #31
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Carpe has been here since this thread was started and he didn't comment so Idk. He doesn't respond much to things anymore. I wish he would hand the reigns over to analog. I feel like analog would take a more active role with the community but that he doesn't want to step on Carpe's toes.

I don't like Torlan or Primevel but at this point I wouldn't care if they were on the server. Good luck.
You're correct Bing, I am not around much. As for "handing over the reigns to Analog", I've never held them exclusively. All those years when I was around but
not playing ? Analog held the reigns and wasn't around much in those times.

As for your last line, it may be what you feel but it's entirely misguided. For years and years Analog, Pi (I don't know where he's gone.. .sigh) and myself
have understood that all three of us were there to guide Omni forward together after The Boss packed it in; it was always a collaborative situation. And
yes, I did bear and shoulder the majority of the load so it may appeared that I was "the man" or whatever label you wish to attach.

Again, so it's crystal clear, Analog is around here about as much as I have been recently, if I make an inquiry of him regarding anything it can take weeks
for him to respond. I'm not criticizing him, merely illustrating that neither of us visit all that often (although I've tried to check in once a week in the last
few). If I don't respond it's usually because I don't feel it's necessary. Additionally, Annie is not afraid of stepping on my toes, our little posse of three
two doesn't subscribe to any sort of hierarchy.

As for Torlan, it was banished from the server eons ago because it just wasn't big enough. Additionally, because it didn't have an s(t)uper vehicles, the
prospect of it being in the map list was met with much teeth gnashing and many temper tantrums. However, at this stage with the playing population
dwindling I'll put whatever maps people want on the server.

Old 06-03-2018, 09:48 AM   #32
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

Why cant all the maps be made available all the time? with a cool down period of course, I wouldn't want any maps to overheat
Old 06-03-2018, 12:09 PM   #33
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crow View Post
Why cant all the maps be made available all the time? with a cool down period of course, I wouldn't want any maps to overheat
Sure. That means every time a vote comes up you're going to have to go through approximately 600 maps to
make your choice. That doesn't work which is exactly why we truncated the map selections into three separate
map packs. But hey, I don't play so it won't effect me. If you guys/gals want every map available I can do so
(although I'm won't be overly happy about pulling them off the redirects, un-uz2'ing and then uploading them
all to the server).

As I alluded to in another post, this is like UT2K4's version of Groundhog Day for me.

Old 06-03-2018, 11:53 PM   #34
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
As I alluded to in another post, this is like UT2K4's version of Groundhog Day for me.
Please don't give up on this server any time soon Carpe. Seems like shortly after my post about the server "going to shit" (which was certainly not meant to be denigrating toward you or Analog, just a comment on the current state of affairs) that the server has somewhat come back to life. There's been full or nearly full rosters on several nights the last couple weeks. Could be that it's just normally a little more active in Summer months, I dunno, but hoping that all the talk about some potential new admins and changing up the pool of maps is getting people to log back on, if just to see if things are changing and being paid attention to. Seems like many of the shitbag chat trolls that do nothing useful in a match have taken a break too.

Speaking of new admins, have you given any thought to that? Seems like most folks on the forum are in agreement with the few names I threw out, except maybe McLovin for some reason. Sounds like most of those are personal beefs, but it kinda surprised me that so many poo-pooed on nominating him. I would have understood that reaction if I had nominated myself, which even I think is laughable, but McLovin?
Old 06-04-2018, 02:36 PM   #35
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
You doing the Torlan maps Pooty?

Maybe I'll do the Mino-Me up and put deemers in every locker. And a Tiamat in the core.

Seriously though I might. I've tried to get my head around the map editor, but moving the playing field wireframes/textures seems to escape me...in fairness haven't spent much time on it, but I think doing vehicle replacements shouldn't be too hard. I think with some of the right vehicles Torlan could be fun..the mino is too powerful and could likely shoot all the way across the map....

I'm all for map variety. I think Carpe has a point with too many the scrolling/finding/remembering gets too hard...what's Denum? Bridge of Fate? Evergreen?
Old 06-05-2018, 09:39 AM   #36
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Maybe I'll do the Mino-Me up and put deemers in every locker. And a Tiamat in the core.

Seriously though I might. I've tried to get my head around the map editor, but moving the playing field wireframes/textures seems to escape me...in fairness haven't spent much time on it, but I think doing vehicle replacements shouldn't be too hard. I think with some of the right vehicles Torlan could be fun..the mino is too powerful and could likely shoot all the way across the map....

I'm all for map variety. I think Carpe has a point with too many the scrolling/finding/remembering gets too hard...what's Denum? Bridge of Fate? Evergreen?
The easiest way to do this is to find the vehicle you want in the editor copy it and paste it into the map you want it to be on.

You won't need to myLevel anything if you do it that way.

A
Old 06-08-2018, 11:51 PM   #37
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

While I appreciate Torlan32p being added, my original request still stands. I think it needs to be basic demo torlan. If i'm the obnoxious minority on this one I'll let it go, but in this 32p version the node setup makes no sense and there are too many vehicles.

Having two primaries with one having its secondary across the map kills the original vibe and tactics.

Also, all the add-on vehicles makes them not special.

The original map can almost be played on foot and a vehicle is a rare threat that needs to be dealt with by team communication (calling out the tank etc).

Anyway, if i'm alone on this then that's fine, but i'd really like a shot at normal stock demo 2004 dvd disc 56k modem torlan

Side note: it was interesting to see differnet Omni player's styles on this map

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught