Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 06-24-2018, 02:34 PM   #101
The Sarge
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crow View Post
Idont think Sarge has left. Name change is all.

Where have all the McGimpkins gone?
Racer, i have not been back. You might have someone aliasing as me.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:37 AM   #102
provert
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Unpopular opinion: I think xexx's playing style is fine.

I dont like being the victim of locked node/core spamming but I dont think it's a helpless scenario. Just get your shock rifle out or hop in a tank or dodge jump away with your spawn protection or choose a different node.

I'll do it every once in a while too... I think of it as kind of a random alternate sport strategy like bunting or an onside kick. Break the norm for a bit. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

What does it for me is the d-bags on the mic/text... Shadow, cletus. Also people who alias so they can say super racist shit (i suppose cletus counts in that category too). And to begin to steer back to original topic, deadweight people out for a joyride in important vehicles or afk are always a bummer.
The problem with this is that you don't have time to do any of this. He usually kills you before the vehicles spawn, so you're stuck in the open. All he has to do is shoot at the node because he knows you'll be linking it and will be close enough to die from the splash damage. I have no issue with spawn killing at the next node in line, though. We call xexx out for being a douche because he flies across the map and shoots at the very first node his enemy is building, so there is no connection and it's just to pad his points. Not because he's just hitting the next node in line as his team builds the previous node. It also leads to others thinking this type of game play is fine. Other good players now do this, as you've admitted. There has also been an uptick in core camping. I understand it's ok to steal the deemer or kill the mino at the core, but don't sit there killing players until it spawns again.

And, as many have said, just mute him. I have him muted for this exact reason.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:57 AM   #103
TotalBurn
Just Registered

I dunno. To me ONS is about nodes. Build 'em, take 'em down, advance... Advance... Advance. Im not into to this hanging out at locked nodes BS or camping the core. All these cheesy tactics from people who stray from the whole point of the game.

I guess... Some people are bored and just want to camp, spawn kill, cruise vehicles around a map and do nothing. If they are that bored, then move on to another game and leave us die hards to play it the way it was meant to be played.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:16 PM   #104
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalBurn View Post
I dunno. To me ONS is about nodes. Build 'em, take 'em down, advance... Advance... Advance. Im not into to this hanging out at locked nodes BS or camping the core. All these cheesy tactics from people who stray from the whole point of the game.

I guess... Some people are bored and just want to camp, spawn kill, cruise vehicles around a map and do nothing. If they are that bored, then move on to another game and leave us die hards to play it the way it was meant to be played.
Well said, or as Carpe would put it... QFT.
Old 06-30-2018, 01:48 PM   #105
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
But, Carpe doesn't play anymore, so....

Last edited by Mr.Crow; 07-01-2018 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: humor
Old 07-01-2018, 07:37 AM   #106
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

It's a joke, everyone knows Carpe still plays
Old 07-01-2018, 01:22 PM   #107
TotalBurn
Just Registered

Quote:
Ive always have respect for you as a player and I know everything you do is with the teams best interest. You dont fuck around and winning the round is a priority.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:46 PM   #108
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

Sad FuzzySlippers Confession

Sorry, but I have to admit that I sandbag. If it's 30 points left on the core, in OT, and my team has no nodes... I will drive around honking my horn... and not even shoot at people. Sorry.
: I don't know what happened... I went to jack it and it blew up in my face.
Team:
Old 07-02-2018, 02:50 PM   #109
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzySlippers View Post
Sorry, but I have to admit that I sandbag. If it's 30 points left on the core, in OT, and my team has no nodes... I will drive around honking my horn... and not even shoot at people. Sorry.
I'm picturing you going around honking waving and saying hi out the window
Old 07-02-2018, 10:36 PM   #110
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalBurn View Post
Ive always have respect for you as a player and I know everything you do is with the teams best interest. You dont fuck around and winning the round is a priority.
Hell, I get pissed if we don't get 2 points!
Old 07-03-2018, 09:37 AM   #111
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Hell, I get pissed if we don't get 2 points!
Ah man, this brings back memories of when Guy raged because his team had the opportunity to get a 2 pointer and failed to show up for it. He raged over that and his team was winning.

Now if the game is MegaBadgers and we have a 4 man scramble going on and my team is absolutely killing the other team, I'll sandbag just to keep the best map on the server in play a little longer. Haha!

Nothing is wrong with standing down when the count down timer is in it's last 60 seconds. But I've seen top tier players who play daily stand down when there is still 5+ minutes of time left on the clock. Really? Why don't they exit and allow somebody else to play in their spot? Because they are dick heads.

And speaking of dick heads, ahem, I don't see anything changing on this server. This is a lawless town with no sheriffs onboard. The owners have left the building and they are not coming back. Be glad the thing is still running and enjoy the time we have left here. Because if there is any glitch this community will become a ghost town, down in a heartbeat.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:04 AM   #112
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Be glad the thing is still running and enjoy the time we have left here. Because if there is any glitch this community will become a ghost town, down in a heartbeat.
x2
Old 07-04-2018, 04:57 PM   #113
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Best of luck going forward Sarge. UT2K4, and Omni in particular has provided support and a place to hang
out for many (the Cheers of the FSP world). Sounds like you're in a good place man, keep it up.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught