Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2018, 03:34 PM   #101
The Sarge
Getting there...

 
The Sarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Southeastern United States
Posts: 174
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crow View Post
Idont think Sarge has left. Name change is all.

Where have all the McGimpkins gone?
Racer, i have not been back. You might have someone aliasing as me.
__________________
Give me ambiguity or give me something else
The Sarge is offline  
Old 06-27-2018, 11:37 AM   #102
provert
Just Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: La Mesa, CA
Posts: 24
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Unpopular opinion: I think xexx's playing style is fine.

I dont like being the victim of locked node/core spamming but I dont think it's a helpless scenario. Just get your shock rifle out or hop in a tank or dodge jump away with your spawn protection or choose a different node.

I'll do it every once in a while too... I think of it as kind of a random alternate sport strategy like bunting or an onside kick. Break the norm for a bit. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

What does it for me is the d-bags on the mic/text... Shadow, cletus. Also people who alias so they can say super racist shit (i suppose cletus counts in that category too). And to begin to steer back to original topic, deadweight people out for a joyride in important vehicles or afk are always a bummer.
The problem with this is that you don't have time to do any of this. He usually kills you before the vehicles spawn, so you're stuck in the open. All he has to do is shoot at the node because he knows you'll be linking it and will be close enough to die from the splash damage. I have no issue with spawn killing at the next node in line, though. We call xexx out for being a douche because he flies across the map and shoots at the very first node his enemy is building, so there is no connection and it's just to pad his points. Not because he's just hitting the next node in line as his team builds the previous node. It also leads to others thinking this type of game play is fine. Other good players now do this, as you've admitted. There has also been an uptick in core camping. I understand it's ok to steal the deemer or kill the mino at the core, but don't sit there killing players until it spawns again.

And, as many have said, just mute him. I have him muted for this exact reason.
provert is offline  
Old 06-28-2018, 05:57 AM   #103
TotalBurn
Just Registered
 
TotalBurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 34
Default
Reply With Quote


I dunno. To me ONS is about nodes. Build 'em, take 'em down, advance... Advance... Advance. Im not into to this hanging out at locked nodes BS or camping the core. All these cheesy tactics from people who stray from the whole point of the game.

I guess... Some people are bored and just want to camp, spawn kill, cruise vehicles around a map and do nothing. If they are that bored, then move on to another game and leave us die hards to play it the way it was meant to be played.
TotalBurn is offline  
Old 06-30-2018, 01:16 PM   #104
Enyo
Getting there...

 
Enyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 345
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalBurn View Post
I dunno. To me ONS is about nodes. Build 'em, take 'em down, advance... Advance... Advance. Im not into to this hanging out at locked nodes BS or camping the core. All these cheesy tactics from people who stray from the whole point of the game.

I guess... Some people are bored and just want to camp, spawn kill, cruise vehicles around a map and do nothing. If they are that bored, then move on to another game and leave us die hards to play it the way it was meant to be played.
Well said, or as Carpe would put it... QFT.
Enyo is offline  
Old 06-30-2018, 02:48 PM   #105
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 463
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
Well said, or as Carpe would put it... QFT.
But, Carpe doesn't play anymore, so....

Last edited by Mr.Crow; 07-01-2018 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: humor
Mr.Crow is offline  
Old 07-01-2018, 08:37 AM   #106
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 463
Default
Reply With Quote


It's a joke, everyone knows Carpe still plays
Mr.Crow is offline  
Old 07-01-2018, 02:22 PM   #107
TotalBurn
Just Registered
 
TotalBurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 34
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
Well said, or as Carpe would put it... QFT.
Ive always have respect for you as a player and I know everything you do is with the teams best interest. You dont fuck around and winning the round is a priority.
TotalBurn is offline  
Old 07-02-2018, 01:46 PM   #108
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

 
FuzzySlippers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 495
Sad FuzzySlippers Confession
Reply With Quote


Sorry, but I have to admit that I sandbag. If it's 30 points left on the core, in OT, and my team has no nodes... I will drive around honking my horn... and not even shoot at people. Sorry.
__________________
[Scorpion blows-up]
Team Member: Don't shoot the vehicles! Steal it!
FuzzySlippers
: I don't know what happened... I went to jack it and it blew up in my face.
Team:
Send a message via AIM to FuzzySlippers FuzzySlippers is offline  
Old 07-02-2018, 03:50 PM   #109
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 363
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzySlippers View Post
Sorry, but I have to admit that I sandbag. If it's 30 points left on the core, in OT, and my team has no nodes... I will drive around honking my horn... and not even shoot at people. Sorry.
I'm picturing you going around honking waving and saying hi out the window
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH is offline  
Old 07-02-2018, 11:36 PM   #110
Enyo
Getting there...

 
Enyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 345
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalBurn View Post
Ive always have respect for you as a player and I know everything you do is with the teams best interest. You dont fuck around and winning the round is a priority.
Hell, I get pissed if we don't get 2 points!
Enyo is offline  
Old 07-03-2018, 10:37 AM   #111
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

 
McLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 361
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
Hell, I get pissed if we don't get 2 points!
Ah man, this brings back memories of when Guy raged because his team had the opportunity to get a 2 pointer and failed to show up for it. He raged over that and his team was winning.

Now if the game is MegaBadgers and we have a 4 man scramble going on and my team is absolutely killing the other team, I'll sandbag just to keep the best map on the server in play a little longer. Haha!

Nothing is wrong with standing down when the count down timer is in it's last 60 seconds. But I've seen top tier players who play daily stand down when there is still 5+ minutes of time left on the clock. Really? Why don't they exit and allow somebody else to play in their spot? Because they are dick heads.

And speaking of dick heads, ahem, I don't see anything changing on this server. This is a lawless town with no sheriffs onboard. The owners have left the building and they are not coming back. Be glad the thing is still running and enjoy the time we have left here. Because if there is any glitch this community will become a ghost town, down in a heartbeat.
McLovin is offline  
Old 07-04-2018, 03:04 AM   #112
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 363
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Be glad the thing is still running and enjoy the time we have left here. Because if there is any glitch this community will become a ghost town, down in a heartbeat.
x2
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH is offline  
Old 07-04-2018, 05:57 PM   #113
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

 
Carpe Diem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,633
Default
Reply With Quote


Best of luck going forward Sarge. UT2K4, and Omni in particular has provided support and a place to hang
out for many (the Cheers of the FSP world). Sounds like you're in a good place man, keep it up.
__________________
Black holes are where God divided by 0. - Steven Wright






Carpe Diem is offline  
Old 08-06-2018, 01:14 PM   #114
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

 
McLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 361
Default
Reply With Quote


Another example just yesterday. JunkYard, itís hopeless and our lead player has called it quits, sitting idle at the base chatting it up. We lose that round and eventually they leave, making room for a new player, new blood comes in and we win the match.
McLovin is offline  
Old 08-06-2018, 06:43 PM   #115
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 463
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Another example just yesterday. JunkYard, itís hopeless and our lead player has called it quits, sitting idle at the base chatting it up. We lose that round and eventually they leave, making room for a new player, new blood comes in and we win the match.
Who?
Mr.Crow is offline  
Old 08-07-2018, 11:51 AM   #116
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

 
McLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 361
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crow View Post
Who?
Army. The guy is on par with Enyo as one of our best players on the server right now. He is unstoppable and can turn a game around in a heartbeat. One of our brightest players we have onboard lately.

But when his team is the shit and they are losing it badly, he just sits at base and waits for the game to end to get it over with. If you call him out on it, he mouths off to you. I'm not talking about 60 seconds left on the count down timer, I'm talking 5 or more minutes left to play before overtime.

At least Guy, would give everyone a "Have a nice day shit stains, this is what losing looks like, you earned it." then rage quit.

Team dynamics change constantly when people leave or spectate, others come and go. But holding a spot while being idle as your team suffers is unforgiveable.
McLovin is offline  
Old 08-11-2018, 12:23 PM   #117
Lagzilla
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 865
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Another example just yesterday. JunkYard, itís hopeless and our lead player has called it quits, sitting idle at the base chatting it up. We lose that round and eventually they leave, making room for a new player, new blood comes in and we win the match.
Though I get your point....

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
itís hopeless
Definition of hopeless
1 a : having no expectation of good or success : despairing felt hopeless and alone
b : not susceptible to remedy or cure doctors say his condition is hopeless
c : incapable of redemption or improvement She's a hopeless romantic. the most hopeless group of golfers you've ever seen
2 a : giving no reason to expect good or success : giving no ground for hope : desperate The situation looked hopeless.
b : incapable of solution, management, or accomplishment : impossible a hopeless task
ó hopelessness noun
Lagzilla is offline  
Old 08-11-2018, 09:57 PM   #118
provert
Just Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: La Mesa, CA
Posts: 24
Default
Reply With Quote


Enyo has been known to do the same on many maps, except he just leaves without the chat.
provert is offline  
Old 08-12-2018, 11:11 AM   #119
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 228
Default
Reply With Quote


What you mean people still rage quit?!


I've noticed lately, some really, really good team play and then you get on team with point whores and spawn campers and its pretty damn frustrating.
{glr}pooty is offline  
Old 08-14-2018, 10:41 AM   #120
Enyo
Getting there...

 
Enyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 345
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by provert View Post
Enyo has been known to do the same on many maps, except he just leaves without the chat.
I can admit that I have "rage quit" from time to time, though it has been quite a while since I have. More often I leave in the middle of a match whether my team is winning or losing because real life requires it or the "Queen" is beckoning and I know better than to put this game before her.

Regardless of whether anyone believes my sudden departure from the game is a rage quit or not, I really don't care. So Provert, feel free to make whatever assumptions you want to make yourself feel better about getting spanked repeatedly by yours truly.

Besides, nobody here should be throwing stones and pretending they never actually rage quit themselves. Rage quitting aside I do not sandbag, which is the actual topic of this thread. In fact, I do just as the title suggests... fight or leave.
Enyo is offline  
Reply


Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 AM.