Mappers' Corner Mappers and Modders

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner

Old 05-01-2017, 07:44 AM   #1
GLoups!
Just Registered

Default ONS-Mothership-)o(-Beta1

Hi guys, i don't know what happened to the Crusha version and/if the map have passed TWC, but if you want to avoid yourself a big ammount of works i can submit a relatively free-bug version.
(The map have been rebuild in depth i.e. StaticMesh/Bsp/Lightning/Optimization/New features/Pathing/Terrains/Files size etc..) with fixed working auto_turrets(new class with factory).

The only things that differs for now to the beta7(Ceonss version) is:

-Replace all EonsScorpions by tweakeds Stingers (Because log Spam on omni server).
- Change the AltFireInterval of the MirageTankIIGun from 3sec to 1sec.

If you have suggestions of changes to improve the gameplay, i will happy to made them.

ONS-Mothership-)o(-Beta1
Old 05-01-2017, 10:59 AM   #2
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

Be sure to build with RGB8 lightmap compression to preserve space/quality.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:06 PM   #3
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

FUNNY Thanks

Thanks GLoups! I just was asking about the map and then SLAMMA BAMMA BAM!!!!! You Delivered! WOW! Thanks man! Now lets see if the OMNI GODS will let it thru the pearly gates of the OMNI server map list
Old 05-01-2017, 08:36 PM   #4
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLoups! View Post
Hi guys, i don't know what happened to the Crusha version and/if the map have passed TWC, but if you want to avoid yourself a big ammount of works i can submit a relatively free-bug version.
(The map have been rebuild in depth i.e. StaticMesh/Bsp/Lightning/Optimization/New features/Pathing/Terrains/Files size etc..) with fixed working auto_turrets(new class with factory).

The only things that differs for now to the beta7(Ceonss version) is:

-Replace all EonsScorpions by tweakeds Stingers (Because log Spam on omni server).
- Change the AltFireInterval of the MirageTankIIGun from 3sec to 1sec.

If you have suggestions of changes to improve the gameplay, i will happy to made them.

ONS-Mothership-)o(-Beta1
If you want to submit your version, that would be great. It would be nice to have one optimized for the Omni server.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:03 PM   #5
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
If you want to submit your version, that would be great. It would be nice to have one optimized for the Omni server.

I wanna believe the link to the map is the submission of the map, but I could be wrong??
Old 05-02-2017, 02:25 PM   #6
GLoups!
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKER View Post
I wanna believe the link to the map is the submission of the map, but I could be wrong??
I'm currently making the last tests then i will send the files, with small fixs and changes in comparison to the link above.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:29 PM   #7
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

Cool!, Thanks for all the hard work GLoups!!!
Old 05-03-2017, 01:27 AM   #8
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Messed around with this map a bit on the other server the other night. This should be pretty fun I think. I like the base defense auto turrets. I'd say make those things as powerful as possible!
Old 05-04-2017, 01:14 PM   #9
GLoups!
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Messed around with this map a bit on the other server the other night. This should be pretty fun I think. I like the base defense auto turrets. I'd say make those things as powerful as possible!
I can guess your points, making the auto-turrets more powerfull can be done directly in the factory's properties via TurretHealth and VisionRange, the actual settings are probably the most appropriate for Ons play because somes players hate being hunt down by this sort of "sorcery" ,
thus it can be comforting to have somes automatics turrets keeping bases from Base-laming while you are on attack 5 miles away, the original map have twice the current number of turrets but experiences tell me to diminish their numbers to make the map more enjoyable, afterward i think adding one SentinelCeiling near the core won't hurt the gameplay anymore as the core can be shoot from
a greater distance.

Spoiler!
Old 05-04-2017, 01:45 PM   #10
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

hey i like the stiker in the secret area but i really wanted to drive the toilet around lol
Old 05-05-2017, 12:06 AM   #11
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

What does the target do inside the ship? There's just one random archery target that seems to activate something when you shoot it but I can't tell what.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:06 AM   #12
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
What does the target do inside the ship? There's just one random archery target that seems to activate something when you shoot it but I can't tell what.
See "Spoilers" below.
Old 05-06-2017, 04:04 AM   #13
GLoups!
Just Registered

The map crash the dedicated server upon switch to the second round, at first i did not realize that i could run a dedicated lan server for testing and it effectively crash, so i delete all emitters and it crash, afterward i delete all class of turrets and...crash!.
Then i delete all cores and nodes and replace by brand new ones and the crash as gone.
Which does not mean the problem is solved, i'm actualy replace all the elements one by one until the crash appear so i hope to find a way to resolve the issue.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:34 AM   #14
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

Quote:
3 targets have fun
Old 05-06-2017, 04:00 PM   #15
Lagzilla
Getting there...

If you ever need to, my server is available to test your map as well. It's on the internet and we can have a few people join. PM me for details, or if you need help.

Andrew
Old 05-08-2017, 12:39 PM   #16
GLoups!
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
If you ever need to, my server is available to test your map as well. It's on the internet and we can have a few people join. PM me for details, or if you need help.

Andrew
Thanks for your offer Lagzilla, i think i will, until now i have already found a good ten or so of issues that likely could crash the server ,even not crash at the second round but the third round

I'm currently re-add the element one by one by cut/past and retest each time, it's relatively fast because i had set the core health to 20 and link core to core, but may be take one week ot two because
i will have to make some changes/improvement for the occasion.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:40 PM   #17
GLoups!
Just Registered

Little in late but here are the issues i found and changes for this edit, i'll sent the edit to Lagzilla (Thx to him) for more testing purpose.

It's a new edit so the notable changes are:

-Fix AIcontrollers of turrets that i suspect to crash the server.
-New Custom Projectiles/Weapon for Link-Turrets that i suspect to crash the server.
-Delete one emitter that crash the server.(i had a lot of chances to find it 1/125, first shot, i go to play lotto , tested few times to beeing sure.)
-Fix damages type in physics volumes that crash the server, more precisly DamageTypes that are subclass of VehicleDamageTypes crash the server.
-Fix LightTypes in emitters, lights and staticmeshs that crash the server, more precisly LightTypes different of Steady or None (default ones) crash the server.
-New properties in Auto-Turrets: AivisibilyDistance that work.
-New rebalancing vehicle setup.
-Node 7 is now standalone.
-Scale *1.5 the node's platforms at 2,3 and 13.
-Mirage tank canon is now more powerful because players said it was too weak, new horn (think you'll like it).
-Add S2Avril at bases.
-Work on ambients sounds and add a new custom wind ambient sound.
-Work on visibily, lightnings and color-fog to make a new atmosphere.
-Add Portables Painters and cicadas at nodes 2 and 3.
-Optimizations and small bugs fixs.

Last edited by GLoups!; 05-27-2017 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: Spelling mistake.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:36 PM   #18
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

Awesome GLoups!,

Ever since I asked about this map and you started this thread I have been waiting anxiously for it I always enjoy the new maps and I am sure I can speak for the community in saying Thanks to all of you that keep this going behind the scenes with new maps and server work. We all owe you a debt of gratitude for the work you do and if you need someone to run around on the map to check it GLoups! or Lagzilla hit me up.

PS Everyone have a safe and fun filled Memorial Day weekend and remember why we celebrate it and thank a Vet!
Old 07-11-2017, 12:36 PM   #19
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

Speaking of Maps when is this one gonna be ready?
Old 07-11-2017, 03:12 PM   #20
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Have a look here:

http://www.ceonss.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=835

Andrew

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner