Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 11-19-2020, 09:38 AM   #1
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Default New Map Edits - V5

New thread for v5 map updates.

I usually take notes during play for what to fix/update. If you have other feedback/suggestions please let me know. Its a bit of a challenge to just get some of the things "right" without actual play testing with live players.
I want to target 3-4 new maps (or heavy edits).
I'd like to fix the DropShip that picks up vehicles (code issue). I can report the Predator helicopter can be added to maps (we haven't seen this on the server yet).

V5 TEST THEM OUT HERE: http://www.stormdrake.com/utmaps/v5/

ONS-ArcticJunkYard-)o(-Randomizer-V7.ut2 (Reduced Arena mode chance, changed arena vehicles)
ONS-ONS-Bionyx-)o(-p00tylicious-v6 (fixed missing Avrils, Increased Lightening, Increase Fog Distance (see farther) Terrain Smoothing at hill nodes/core (can exit from highroad now), vehicle tweaks - GII replaced with good Alligator, Added Centaur to DomeNodes, Added SC to far primary, Railtank at other primary.)
ONS-Dria-Arena-Randomizer-V1 (Arena mode Dria - Minos/Megas/LinkBadgers - A few fixed vehicles (mino, dragon, helix, kraken))
ONS-Dria-TMU-Randomizer-v7.ut2 (Reduced Arena mode chance, changed arena vehicles)
ONS-FallenCity-)o(-V1 (Added vehicles, cleaned up landscape for vehicles (removed collisons on lightposts/signs))
ONS-Halloween-p00tylicious-v10.ut2 (Adjust vehicle loadout, added back Pulsetraitor, added firemanta and moved primary teleporters)
ONS-MassDestructi)o(nWidespread-V6.ut2 (Node Layout Changed, Added link badger core, Sentinel fix/add, Raised Flyer Ceiling 1000UU, misc cleanup)
ONS-MassDestructi)o(nWidespreadEnclosed-V6.ut2 (Primaries inside buildings, Added link badger core, Sentinel fix/add, Raised Flyer Ceiling 1000UU, misc cleanup)
ONS-MinusTMU-Arena-Randomizer-v3.ut2 (Changed vehicles Minos/Mega/LinkBadgers)
ONS-MinusTMU-Randomizer-KitchenSink-V10.ut2 (Misc Clean up (double short circuits-removed))
ONS-NiVaValley-)o(-V1 (NEW Map to Omni, Vehicle Edits, Testing PASSED!)
ONS-SPAMB)o(X-TMU-V2.ut2 (Fixed Tank Directions -- some might point odd ways, they fall and hit pipes..part of the choas deal with it)
ONS-StarReach-)o(-IonEdition-V5 (Added Ion, Raptor at Core, moved Deemers)
ONS-Tricky-)o(-p00tylicious-v4.ut2 (Weapon Locker Cleanup, Adjusted Primaries so ShieldTank can sit on the node)

WIP:
ONS-FullNecrop)o(lis-p00tylicious-V1 (NEW Map will need some testing, Vehicle Edits, Mid-size to larger map good for tanks, multi-level)

ONS-MercenaryValley-)o(-V1 (NEW MAP Will need testing - Vehicle Edits -- smaller on foot map with some vehicles)
ONS-Hustle-)o(-p00tylicious-V1 (Vehicle edits - Tank focused map some fliers)

Ideas:
Multi-Level Minus (Lifts and Bridges on the tops of buildings)
Multi-Level Spambox (Center nodes up high on a platform, teleporters to get there)
Icarus Manta Madness - Actually with lots of mantas (maybe even the Windblade)
Pyroclastic - all fire based vehicles (I guess this would include Dragon, Draco as well, maybe add some fire based weapons (Fryian, FireChucker)

Last edited by {glr}pooty; 11-29-2020 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: Update 11/28/2020 - MassD update
Old 11-19-2020, 09:33 PM   #2
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

We going to see any more link tanks/badgers on Massdestruction? Those seem to be the only way to recover the primary.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:17 PM   #3
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

So there's one link badger, at core.

On the Widespread version, each primary gets a link, one gets another LB, the other a link scorpion.

I think adding another LB (1000 pts) vs link tank (500) is better. I believe their links stack as expected.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:20 PM   #4
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
So there's one link badger, at core.

On the Widespread version, each primary gets a link, one gets another LB, the other a link scorpion.

I think adding another LB (1000 pts) vs link tank (500) is better. I believe their links stack as expected.
Yeah the badger is way better, a way underrated vehicle.
Old 11-21-2020, 02:27 PM   #5
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Bump for edits on changes at the top of thread.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:18 AM   #6
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Bump for changes.

Anyone feel like testing, let me know. Better to change things now before it goes on the server, as it takes usually a few weeks to gather up enough stuff to make it worthwhile, and we have to coordinate the load with Mailbox.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:28 PM   #7
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

I'd still be down for a standard gravity Icarus Mantamadness. Or standard gravity with tanks and trucks. I suppose a manta map could be lo grav...

Also I'll post in the DW forums and try to find a link to the ut2 weapons:
https://unreal.fandom.com/wiki/Hydra_Grenade_Launcher
https://unreal.fandom.com/wiki/Flamethrower
https://unreal.fandom.com/wiki/Shotgun

These would be awesome on some maps. Especially the hydra with its firing modes.

Edit: found this thread which might be relevant. I don't understand any of it though
http://clandw.org/forum/viewtopic.ph...15f78212026bf3
Old 11-28-2020, 03:49 PM   #8
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
I'd still be down for a standard gravity Icarus Mantamadness. Or standard gravity with tanks and trucks. I suppose a manta map could be lo grav...

I think the issue without low grav some of the jumping (esp down) would be deadly or impossible.

For the weapons need to find the system files. I'll take a peek at the DW stuff.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught