Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 02-01-2007, 07:16 PM   #1
Gorzakk
Stinger Driver

Default ONS-Dria

http://files.filefront.com/ONS_Dria_.../fileinfo.html

Our first version. Problems with stock dria are an absolutely sucky node set up, which is compounded by an appalling link set up. The huge size of Dria makes it a total manta whores map, and I hate mantas. They are too powerful on normal maps. And so here is a new Dria.

It has 2 extra nodes added on the frozen river. This gives plenty of new cut-off options for teams and will make the game more dynamic. Also included are some new vehicles for you. I went and made the scorpion a lot more useful, but its a bit difficult to operate now without a bit of practice.

This is purely a test map at the moment and I expect it will be altered radically as it progresses. But its still quite nice as is.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments on how this map may be improved or if you think it should simply be dropped then please post here. Also check out those scorpions (stingers) as I will be lobbying to put them in ALL big ONS maps from here on in.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:56 PM   #2
Big_Al_B
I Hate This Map

Cool. I like the extra nodes, Stinger's are cool, should be a fun map.

Only thing I wish there was at least a Cicada at each base and maybe at one or two of the nodes.

This map may be almost ready to be put up on the server. Nice job.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:54 PM   #3
AyEyE
Centurion

It is definitely playable and more fun than the stock version.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:31 AM   #4
gunner
Just Registered

Hey Gorzakk, could you possibly add cupholders and an ashtray to the inside of the hellbender? Thx rayer:
Old 02-04-2007, 10:41 AM   #5
gunner
Just Registered

WOW Gorz, that scorpian is FAST! and the green goo is, well, gooier. I had a lot of fun driving around in that scorpian! Its a keeper!
:smt041
Old 02-04-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
The_Loegrus
Loudest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner
Hey Gorzakk, could you possibly add cupholders and an ashtray to the inside of the hellbender? Thx rayer:
What....you don't have'em?

Gotta be careful of my cupholder tho, it's too close to my dvd/gps.

:8):
Old 02-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #7
Gorzakk
Stinger Driver

First thoughts, the map (may) need relinking to allow teams to bypass the new frozen river nodes or those nodes need their defences increased or possibly relocating. Maybe moving them to the extreme opposite ends of the riverbed will help, as then they have at least a wall there to attacks can only come from one direction. Having said that, although the first round became bogged down while everyone was finding their steps the second and their rounds both finished within regulation time.

The Stingers seemed to be a crowd pleaser, except to n1ghtmare who drove one straight into a wall at high speed and then exploded. :lool: I enjoyed it but its still gonna need a fair bit of work. Input please.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:44 AM   #8
AyEyE
Centurion

Since the Stingers have worked out so well, how about replacing a few of the Mantas with Wyverns. That may give just enough extra power to keep down stalemates while providing another way to quickly cover the large distances in this map. What about a node setup utilizing the bridges? Maybe up on top of the towers so they are only vulnerable to foot soldiers and Raptors?
Old 02-07-2007, 10:44 AM   #9
Zenith1

The goo attack on the Stinger is a little sensitive. I found I had to really hold down my mouse to get more power.
Send a message via ICQ to Zenith1 Send a message via AIM to Zenith1 Send a message via MSN to Zenith1 Zenith1 is offline  
Old 02-07-2007, 12:17 PM   #10
Gorzakk
Stinger Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith1
The goo attack on the Stinger is a little sensitive. I found I had to really hold down my mouse to get more power.
Actually its not. The web projectile will not have as wide a spread as a standard scorpion (the speed and angle the little blobs separate at). I set them to stay closer together in order to turn them into a more effective tank killer. They are just as powerful as a standard scorp web, it just appears to smaller because its more compact. We will look at altering that after some consultation with players and it will depend heavily if on if I can actually remember to do it. My memory doesn't appear to be working too well lately...

I left a damn weapon locker floating in tankmeup.

My phail is great. :smt081

EDIT:- Ayeye eager for the Wyverns? I made a manta-me-up map a while ago that included Wyverns. Want me to upload it into Filefront and you can take a looksee?
Old 02-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #11
AyEyE
Centurion

Also, floating lockers could be fun. Place them a bit higher than anyone can jump and make some devious method of accessing them. :smt081
Old 02-07-2007, 12:56 PM   #12
Gorzakk
Stinger Driver

Here you go. You'll need everything in there to get it running.

http://files.filefront.com/AdaraMant.../fileinfo.html
Old 02-07-2007, 01:35 PM   #13
N1ghtmare
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorzakk
First thoughts, the map (may) need relinking to allow teams to bypass the new frozen river nodes or those nodes need their defences increased or possibly relocating.

The Stingers seemed to be a crowd pleaser, except to n1ghtmare who drove one straight into a wall at high speed and then exploded. :lool: I enjoyed it but its still gonna need a fair bit of work. Input please.
hey man that wasnt me it was Carpe!

and yes the forzen river nodes seemed to stalemate bad in the beginning.

we may have to play it more to get a better feel for it before more usefull opionions come out....

Old 02-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #14
SHAGBOT
Jay-Z [>^-^]>

Are these stingers like the ones on that other dria type variation map? I think it's on titan, but I'm not sure. How much faster are they than regular scorpions? How much health do they have (if you have not yet figured it out, I have yet to play this map)?

Wyverns should definitely be added! Those things are truly superior to mantas, with their huge jumps, speed, and I think that they do more damage than regular mantas.

spider mine spamming spawn killing camper killer
dm/freon/as/ons/uw
Old 02-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #15
N1ghtmare
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAGBOT
How much faster are they than regular scorpions? How much health do they have (if you have not yet figured it out, I have yet to play this map)?
lets see they move at about the same clip a raptor does but takes longer to accerate to top speed.

they hop? and have the worlds most annyoing horn. (like reach through the srceen and snach the finger off the idiot that keeps hitting the horn button) :smt093

Old 02-07-2007, 04:32 PM   #16
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAGBOT
Are these stingers like the ones on that other dria type variation map? I think it's on titan, but I'm not sure. How much faster are they than regular scorpions? How much health do they have (if you have not yet figured it out, I have yet to play this map)?

Wyverns should definitely be added! Those things are truly superior to mantas, with their huge jumps, speed, and I think that they do more damage than regular mantas.
I did a timing run between what were the two primary nodes in the original Dria.

Raptor = 43 seconds
GScorp = 46 seconds

what the hell are Wyverns ?
Old 02-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #17
AyEyE
Centurion

I'm sure Gorz has a better explanation, but they are mantas with a turbo jump and lasers instead of the regular manta guns. They also sound cool, have custom paint, and are a kick to fly. They are to mantas what stingers are to scorpions.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:10 PM   #18
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyEyE
I'm sure Gorz has a better explanation, but they are mantas with a turbo jump and lasers instead of the regular manta guns. They also sound cool, have custom paint, and are a kick to fly. They are to mantas what stingers are to scorpions.
those the ones on AirMars ?
Old 02-07-2007, 06:11 PM   #19
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyEyE
those the ones on AirMars ? I hate those. :smt076 Of course, with land around they might be ok.. I dunno.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:39 PM   #20
Zenith1

No, Carpe. Those are the Hornets.

I think this vehicle jumps and descends like the manta, but the hornet is more raptor-esque.
Send a message via ICQ to Zenith1 Send a message via AIM to Zenith1 Send a message via MSN to Zenith1 Zenith1 is offline  

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught