Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 10-18-2020, 03:42 PM   #61
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Ah looks like Crusha did it. So you could say I want randomly/seq Mino, Mega, Bio, GoalithII, Lobreaker, Lobreaker, Lobreaker....

Seriously though interesting scenario that you can code that so that if you waste your initial vehicles there's a penalty...with crappier vehicles. I wonder if you can reference the game score (If teamscore <= oppteamscore then spawn mino else spawn goliath).
Old 10-18-2020, 08:39 PM   #62
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
... I wonder if you can reference the game score (If teamscore <= oppteamscore then spawn mino else spawn goliath).
I'm guessing you might be able to get that done with Events but likely would have to code something of your own. I don't know much about that. Lagzilla was getting pretty good with Events so you might want to hit him up. Also check out Crusha's page for the Scripted Actions. Maybe something there would help. That stuff is all way out of my league so Idk.
Old Yesterday, 07:50 AM   #63
Mailbox
Still Just Registered

Latest edits are on the server.

At some point though, it looks like the server reverted to a... backup of sorts dating back to March 15th of this year, removing all the files that were added afterwards. I did not do this, and do not yet know what's going on. I'll try to get the remaining edits back on the server, and to attempt to wrangle Analog once again.
Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM   #64
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Thanks Mailbox. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I've got all the files zipped up from back in August when we did the redirect. If we need it I could make a new one with all the new edits if that's easier.

But we should probably find out what happened on the server....
Old Yesterday, 10:44 AM   #65
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Ok I am confused.

It looks like the newer maps are still there on the server...at least from a few weeks ago.

However, the latest round http://stormdrake.com/utmaps/v3/rev1/
http://forum.omnipotents.com/showpos...2&postcount=55

ONS-DryIce-)o(-p00tylicious-v6.ut2 - Noted above but included here. Fixed Music issue (the one where you can't turn it down, shoud be able to even turn it off now like every other map), fixed missing weapon lockers at 8.
ONS-Alien2-)o(-p00tylicious-v4.ut2 - Added more vehicles (Falcon, GPolice Venom, Additional GPolice Havoc) to the core. Changed a few things to make the comebacks easier when 1/2 falls, inlcuding a turret on the roof at 1/2 accessible by foot from base.
ONS-ArcticJunkYard-)o(-Randomizer-V4.ut2 - Fixed Emitter Issue above, removed Nexis Tank, Added Arbalest from DJY. Adjusted point values for base (more), and nodes (less) so that you should be able to mount a comeback if you do the minimum. That being said, node points (each vehicle has points assigned) can also vary so say the Base Might get points on the lower end and nodes get toward higher end..However, the minimum base points is always at least 1.5 times a node. Restricted Tiamat/Levi from spawning at 7/10 (ION tank node).
ONS-Dria-TMU-Randomizer-v4.ut2 - Fixed Emitter Issue above..no other changes.
ONS-Halloween-p00tylicious-v7.ut2 - Trick or Treat - Made changes to nodes. Added nodes in the middle (removed 5) and added a few new node layouts, so if you want to DL and test please do, the Default is the one I think will go on the server unless we find it sucks worse than a lobreaker. Fight should end up in the middle more vs. fighting for the close primary.
ONS-MassDestructi)o(n-V4.ut2 - Fixed Emitter Issue above. Added more vehicles to base (Railgun, ION Tank), added flier (Omega ION Flyer - why not the maps is already a bit crazy), moved fire/ion raptors inside the base so that don't get spawnkilled. Added two EONS/boost scorps to the base. Added many exploding barrels because they are fun. Oh by the way, added in the mino that was missing on one base...(Did you notice?)

ONS-MinusTMU-Randomizer-KitchenSink-V8.ut2

The above don't seem to be loaded. The fixes to Randomizer and MassD would be good to get there..as the emitter/display issues I think bogs the server.
Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM   #66
Xexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Spoon mentioned an interesting idea I hadn't thought of before. He wants to see maps that randomly place different vehicles at the nodes. Each time a vehicle spawns, it might be a different one. That way no one will ever be able to camp the mino.

HEAR THAT YOU F'n MINO WHORES. Your days are numbered. LOL
I know crap all about how the random spawns work, but unless the types of vehicles are managed correctly across all individual spawns, it sounds like the chances of one team spawning with multiple minos and the other team spawning with none is way too high in a random spawn event. Teams would be massively unequal

I say we just have the mino eject Enyo's game UID
Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM   #67
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexx View Post

Haha! Or a count-down cool-off timer. If you drove the mino last time, you can't get in it until your count-down timer expires. That will really F'em up. LOL

Plus it will cut down on the newbies that drive the mino "THE WRONG F'n WAY". Heard it last night, "by the time you get there, the round will be over", haha!
Old Today, 11:40 AM   #68
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
I know crap all about how the random spawns work, but unless the types of vehicles are managed correctly across all individual spawns, it sounds like the chances of one team spawning with multiple minos and the other team spawning with none is way too high in a random spawn event. Teams would be massively unequal

The current Randomizer assigns point values to vehicles. Each node gets a range of random point values, with generally nodes "paired up" (Say 8/9 on minus) would get equal points and same random vehicles. If a vehicle like a mino has very high points over the node allotment it can never spawn there. Now we could un pair the nodes, so that each node would be different...but there would have to be very careful point allocation is a bio as good as a hurricane? Depends on where it spawns I'd say. GolaithII worth more than Hoverbadger? You get the idea. One side could get EnyoFalcons and XexxWasps and the other TermyTiamats and SolidStateLobreakers. That'd be an "interesting" play to say the least.

The other change being discussed uses a list approach. The problem I see with that is it encourages vehicle spawn killing. If you know they get 1 mino, then regular tanks, the opposing team would rush there to sabotage it.
Old Today, 01:24 PM   #69
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexx View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Haha! Or a count-down cool-off timer. If you drove the mino last time, you can't get in it until your count-down timer expires. That will really F'em up. LOL

Plus it will cut down on the newbies that drive the mino "THE WRONG F'n WAY". Heard it last night, "by the time you get there, the round will be over", haha!
Fuck the mino if I got a falcon lying around. And I'm not quite the biggest mino whore around here... if a mino cool-down timer were ever implemented, Shadow and Dognuts would uninstall the game, never to be seen here again.
Old Today, 03:55 PM   #70
Spoon
DogNuts mortal enemy...

Sir Dognuts can smell the mino and knows when to be there... not to mention he probably pees on the tracks before he gets in...

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught