Unreal Tournament Unreal Servers Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament

Old 07-20-2019, 06:50 PM   #1
galbro48026
Just Registered

Default will ut2004 live forever - I hope so. if not what next?

I remember when ut2004 came out everyone played servers all servers full to the cup for years ahead. between 1999-2008 there were great games made --- bioshock ut99, ut2004, fallout3, skyrim, oblivion, etc --- and now in 2019 --- my opinion gaming industry sucks games will on average crash every 5 minutes you have to register your game every week to prove you own it (DRM) and bugs glitches dont update your game until you know it works.

But if ut2004 became extinct what games that came out that are similar to ut2004 will take over? its sad that recent ut4 i think is being delayed for years. i think gamers today will play any game that comes out and say take my money.

I wish ut2004 was still popular LOL.

(oh admins - quick thing i purchesed ut2004 on gog.com too lasy to find cd got error message on your server i have been banned? - wierd - i did contact gog.com)
Old 07-21-2019, 10:52 AM   #2
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Gog is known to re-use keys. As you said check with the admins, but you wouldn't be the first to get bad key.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:59 PM   #3
Xexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
Gog is known to re-use keys. As you said check with the admins, but you wouldn't be the first to get bad key.
Yup. Contact Gog and ask them for a unique key you paid for.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:44 PM   #4
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by galbro48026 View Post
I remember when ut2004 came out everyone played servers all servers full to the cup for years ahead. between 1999-2008 there were great games made --- bioshock ut99, ut2004, fallout3, skyrim, oblivion, etc --- and now in 2019 --- my opinion gaming industry sucks games will on average crash every 5 minutes you have to register your game every week to prove you own it (DRM) and bugs glitches dont update your game until you know it works.

But if ut2004 became extinct what games that came out that are similar to ut2004 will take over? its sad that recent ut4 i think is being delayed for years. i think gamers today will play any game that comes out and say take my money.

I wish ut2004 was still popular LOL.

(oh admins - quick thing i purchesed ut2004 on gog.com too lasy to find cd got error message on your server i have been banned? - wierd - i did contact gog.com)
If ut2k4 dies, there is really nothing else like. And there won't be anything like it again unless there is a way for a game developer to make a ton of money on it. I cant play fortnite, too much tooling around and not enough active engagement. I much prefer the fast pace of action in UT.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:16 AM   #5
Rando
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
If ut2k4 dies, there is really nothing else like. And there won't be anything like it again unless there is a way for a game developer to make a ton of money on it. I cant play fortnite, too much tooling around and not enough active engagement. I much prefer the fast pace of action in UT.
And the thing is if they just simply modernized 2k4 they could make a shit ton of money off it.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:49 AM   #6
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

I think most of the basics are already there in UT4 (and Toxxik for that matter). The engine is there, but no one to take up content and add in a few additional features (really the ONS gametype).
Old 07-22-2019, 11:19 AM   #7
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando View Post
And the thing is if they just simply modernized 2k4 they could make a shit ton of money off it.
Yeah, but now that Epic figured out it can earn far more from Fortnite's "seasons" structure, they would have to do something similar to UT to get younger generations playing it, and to make it worth Epic's development efforts. All my 13 year old son and his friends playing Fortnite care about is unlocking as many skins and non-functional add-on goodies as they can before a season is over. Some of his friends have spent several hundred dollars on it over the last year. They don't care as much about winning matches as they do looking cool to their friends.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:34 AM   #8
galbro48026
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
Yeah, but now that Epic figured out it can earn far more from Fortnite's "seasons" structure, they would have to do something similar to UT to get younger generations playing it, and to make it worth Epic's development efforts. All my 13 year old son and his friends playing Fortnite care about is unlocking as many skins and non-functional add-on goodies as they can before a season is over. Some of his friends have spent several hundred dollars on it over the last year. They don't care as much about winning matches as they do looking cool to their friends.
yes make ut2020 and put in micro-transations and skins etc so people can post on facebook, i saw fortnite why only 3rd person good games have both 1st and 3rd. the other popular one is "crossfire" and no MODS at all i guess people just want to shoot that it and post on FB all day. and the dumb thing is crossfire had almost same graphics as ut2004 go figure.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:35 AM   #9
galbro48026
Just Registered

Quote:
I think most of the basics are already there in UT4 (and Toxxik for that matter). The engine is there, but no one to take up content and add in a few additional features (really the ONS gametype).
well there are many servers on ut2004 with tons of new MODs - money spend on servers - and only busy on weekends - but everyone love crossfire or call of duty part 52.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:37 AM   #10
galbro48026
Just Registered

Quote:
yes i contacted them they gave me registry key thing to run and then i was able to go on onmipotence server but i lost my cds with 2 cd keys i bought in past.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:18 PM   #11
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Beetchucker has this same exact problem also.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament