Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2018, 10:24 AM   #81
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 463
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
It wasn't you.

I'm not gonna stoop to naming names, not yet. The first map, kamek, we had like 5 minutes left, getting creamed and unnamed offender pulled their hurricane off into the weeds and sat idle, just chatting about how we should all give up now and just get this over with. Fuck that. I called them out on it. Then we started coming back. We recovered our primary, then our corner node. But in the end we lost horribly.

Next match, the same guy has called it quits and is idle again. There's a pattern here.

If I've had it with a team, I'll rage, quit, walk away, take a break. But I'm not going to sit idle and wait for the next map, that's dishonest. I've taken breaks, then come back later, same team is now winning, good for them, they got some new blood in the mix and turned it around. Maybe me leaving opened a spot for somebody that was waiting to play and made a difference in the team dynamics.
Could it have been BUBBA FART?
Mr.Crow is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 10:42 AM   #82
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 463
Default
Reply With Quote


Just my opinion,
of the players up for promotion, in order;
Binger
Spoon
Dognuts
Sarge
Mc nope
Mr.Crow is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 10:57 AM   #83
Xexx
.....
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 91
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
So xexx, regarding the original point of this post, please explain the “strategy” when you’re repeatedly spamming the core rooftop on MTMU with the dragon instead of shooting at the core when your team has fully built an enemy primary. Already know your lame rationalization, so I’ll save you the time... you’re preventing the enemy from getting to the primary with the flyers to take it back, right? Oh really? So once you’ve bombed and destroyed all the flyers and hover boards, I guess you’re really helping your team out by continuously pummeling the roof instead of shooting the core... they might run all the way on foot to get that primary back before you’re done destroying the core. Sure sounds like sandbagging to me.

OR, and we’ve all witnessed this one too, instead of spamming the core roof you’re flying around shooting foot soldiers or ground vehicles, some of which aren’t even going toward the primary your team owns. And oh yeah, you’re still not shooting the core. Meanwhile the timer runs out and your team gets one point instead of the two you could (and should) have helped get, but purposely didn’t. What’s the strategy there? Oh I remember what you told me once, you like that map and wanted to play it again, especially since so many of the maps are “shitty and full of gimmicks.” Yeah let’s pummel the other team for another 30 minutes instead of getting it over with quickly. That’s a great “strategy” for keeping players on.

Either way you’re a sandbagging cocksucker and I’m sure you’ll be by shortly to issue yet another lame rationalization (that only you think is clever) for your shitty d-bag behavior. Interesting how you keep defending your actions as some kind of sound strategy, especially racing to the enemy primary at round start. Nobody worth a shit on this server is surprised by it, least of all me as I intercept your punk ass EVERY TIME I get the dragon. In fact we all expect it knowing you are fully incapable of changing your behavior... I mean strategy.
This is a ridiculous question from someone with as much experience as yourself. Accurately placing the blitzkreig into the second level of the base against 2 base turrets and everything exiting is pure and utter suicide for the dragon, not to mention miscalculations where you hit an upper level damaging yourself.

Surviving above the base keeps the enemy dragon and flyer down, the friendly mino safe from boards full of goo, and allows aerial bombing of heavy vehicles leaving the base while easily allowing a LOS retreat that few can hit you from. All while keeping your own teams mino and ion safer to hit the core. So no, it most definitely ends the round quicker, if you have competent people in those other vehicles.

Vehicles that escape the heavy bombardment can then be taken out or at least damaged and distracted with the secondary fire of the Dragon, while your team shoots them from the opposite side as they're staring above their own base.
Xexx is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 01:49 PM   #84
Terminator
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 796
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crow View Post
Just my opinion,

Mc nope
HAHA!
Terminator is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 03:57 PM   #85
Enyo
Getting there...

 
Enyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 347
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexx View Post
This is a ridiculous question from someone with as much experience as yourself. Accurately placing the blitzkreig into the second level of the base against 2 base turrets and everything exiting is pure and utter suicide for the dragon, not to mention miscalculations where you hit an upper level damaging yourself.

Surviving above the base keeps the enemy dragon and flyer down, the friendly mino safe from boards full of goo, and allows aerial bombing of heavy vehicles leaving the base while easily allowing a LOS retreat that few can hit you from. All while keeping your own teams mino and ion safer to hit the core. So no, it most definitely ends the round quicker, if you have competent people in those other vehicles.

Vehicles that escape the heavy bombardment can then be taken out or at least damaged and distracted with the secondary fire of the Dragon, while your team shoots them from the opposite side as they're staring above their own base.
As predicted... dude you have zero ability of self reflection, even after an entire server's worth of seasoned players have repeatedly pointed out that your so-called tactics are shit, and your rationalizations are blatant bullshit. You apparently don't read so well either as I pointed out that I agree that taking out the flyers/boards/turrets is indeed good strategy. But you apparently missed, or chose not to address the part about continuing to spam the rooftop and NOT HIT THE CORE after all vehicles are down, none of which will spawn for another 45-60 seconds. I and many others have witnessed it again, and again, and again, AND AGAIN from you. You also chose not to mention the second scenario, where you are blatantly flying around shooting at ground troops that are doing nothing to help their team re-secure the primary, when you very easily could just be shooting at the core. And the comment you once made about purposely not hitting the core to play the map again. Go ahead and deny it all, makes no difference apparently. You are obviously someone that could never admit his own transgressions.
Enyo is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 04:15 PM   #86
Xexx
.....
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 91
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
As predicted... dude you have zero ability of self reflection, even after an entire server's worth of seasoned players have repeatedly pointed out that your so-called tactics are shit, and your rationalizations are blatant bullshit. You apparently don't read so well either as I pointed out that I agree that taking out the flyers/boards/turrets is indeed good strategy. But you apparently missed, or chose not to address the part about continuing to spam the rooftop and NOT HIT THE CORE after all vehicles are down, none of which will spawn for another 45-60 seconds. I and many others have witnessed it again, and again, and again, AND AGAIN from you. You also chose not to mention the second scenario, where you are blatantly flying around shooting at ground troops that are doing nothing to help their team re-secure the primary, when you very easily could just be shooting at the core. And the comment you once made about purposely not hitting the core to play the map again. Go ahead and deny it all, makes no difference apparently. You are obviously someone that could never admit his own transgressions.
Better fight to keep your nodes, then, no? I've told you i don't agree with your opinions, because they are dumb opinions. FAILING and getting smacked around in the base a little is part of the game. We've all been there.
Xexx is offline  
Old 06-04-2018, 10:39 AM   #87
Lagzilla
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 865
Default
Reply With Quote


And I am the bad guy. Give me a break.

A
Lagzilla is offline  
Old 06-04-2018, 11:24 AM   #88
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

 
McLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 361
Default
Reply With Quote


Love this:

"Weak people revenge, strong people forgive, and intelligent people ignore."
McLovin is offline  
Old 06-04-2018, 12:37 PM   #89
Enyo
Getting there...

 
Enyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 347
Default
Reply With Quote


You're right McLovin, I'm done trying to get a brick wall to hear any logic or reason. Luckily the balancer rarely puts xexx on my team, prefer it that way since he's an agenda/non-team player. He can continue having fun wrecking the other team's chances of winning with his awesome strategies all he wants. Is Shadow rubbing off on people somehow? Speaking of Shadouche, I actually unmuted him a while back... he's just too damn entertaining to keep on ignore.
Enyo is offline  
Old 06-04-2018, 12:55 PM   #90
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

 
McLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 361
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
... I actually unmuted him a while back... he's just too damn entertaining to keep on ignore.
A week ago I was being too chatty and Sarge said to me "to shut the fuck up", er something to that effect, LOL. I guess I had it coming and he was having a bad day.

Then the wisest thing I've ever heard anyone say in chat was by Binger, "if someone is pissing you off, don't tell them to shut up, put them on mute". BINGER <- Intelligent!

I had Kronix (Yoyoma) muted for years but somehow he wasn't muted for me one day. I was surprised because he was speaking intelligent good team contributing stuff. Not the stuff, I remember, "you're an idiot, don't go there, STFU, etc", that kinda crap. Time to take him off mute I guess, haha!
McLovin is offline  
Old 06-06-2018, 09:36 PM   #91
The Sarge
Getting there...

 
The Sarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Southeastern United States
Posts: 174
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
A week ago I was being too chatty and Sarge said to me "to shut the fuck up", er something to that effect, LOL. I guess I had it coming and he was having a bad day.

Then the wisest thing I've ever heard anyone say in chat was by Binger, "if someone is pissing you off, don't tell them to shut up, put them on mute". BINGER <- Intelligent!

I had Kronix (Yoyoma) muted for years but somehow he wasn't muted for me one day. I was surprised because he was speaking intelligent good team contributing stuff. Not the stuff, I remember, "you're an idiot, don't go there, STFU, etc", that kinda crap. Time to take him off mute I guess, haha!
I apologize for that, McLovin, I have regretted it then and do now. I have been really burned out on the game though as of late. The only reason i come back is for my friends - yourself, Spoon, Dognuts, Ebno, Army, Sumugan, Enyo and others. I enjoy the team aspect of Onslaught on Omni, it was damn fun.

But on that note (being burned out) I am going to walk away from UT2K4 forever. Its not done out of anger, or unbalanced teams, or whatever, but its just time. Time i put it down for good and move on. There are plenty that won't be upset I am gone, I made my bed with them and I will lay in it (so to speak)

The game kept my mind off losing my wife 8 years ago, and that is where i met some good friends and good times in darker days of my life. After 8 years I have finally begun to date again too, so I may be etching a life for myself again Thanks Carpe for keeping the lights on and I wish you all the best in life.
__________________
Give me ambiguity or give me something else
The Sarge is offline  
Old 06-07-2018, 10:32 PM   #92
Enyo
Getting there...

 
Enyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 347
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sarge View Post
I apologize for that, McLovin, I have regretted it then and do now. I have been really burned out on the game though as of late. The only reason i come back is for my friends - yourself, Spoon, Dognuts, Ebno, Army, Sumugan, Enyo and others. I enjoy the team aspect of Onslaught on Omni, it was damn fun.

But on that note (being burned out) I am going to walk away from UT2K4 forever. Its not done out of anger, or unbalanced teams, or whatever, but its just time. Time i put it down for good and move on. There are plenty that won't be upset I am gone, I made my bed with them and I will lay in it (so to speak)

The game kept my mind off losing my wife 8 years ago, and that is where i met some good friends and good times in darker days of my life. After 8 years I have finally begun to date again too, so I may be etching a life for myself again Thanks Carpe for keeping the lights on and I wish you all the best in life.
I'm saddened to see a really good player go Sarge, and hope that maybe in a year or two you check in even if only to see which of us still haven't hung it up. Also really glad to hear you're able to turn the next page of your life and hope you can find someone else very special to help make you feel at least somewhat whole again. I can't begin to imagine what you've been through emotionally the last 8 years, but I'm happy to know that this community was able to help you through some of it. Sorry I was such a major pain in the ass sometimes, but do know I have mad respect for you and absolutely hope all the best. Good luck brother, stop by the forum from time to time and keep in touch.
Enyo is offline  
Old 06-08-2018, 03:35 PM   #93
reshred
shred and shred again.
 
reshred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Washington State, USA
Posts: 12
Default
Reply With Quote


Bye Sarge; best of luck in all your endeavors/ We will miss you in UT

Reshred
__________________
Mino on the bridge; who could it be, i wonder.
reshred is offline  
Old 06-08-2018, 06:50 PM   #94
Binger
.

 
Binger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,391
Default
Reply With Quote


Sorry to see you go Sarge. Hope everything is good in your life.
__________________
Binger is offline  
Old 06-15-2018, 02:25 PM   #95
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 228
Default
Reply With Quote


Sad to see you go Sarge. Never say never....nothing wrong with stopping by here and there for a match or two.
{glr}pooty is offline  
Old 06-17-2018, 06:28 PM   #96
McGimpkins


 
McGimpkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Post apocalyptic wastelands
Posts: 543
Default
Reply With Quote


Sorry to see you go Sarge, you're fun to play with, maybe we'll see you around.
McGimpkins is offline  
Old 06-17-2018, 06:35 PM   #97
McGimpkins


 
McGimpkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Post apocalyptic wastelands
Posts: 543
Default
Reply With Quote


So to recap:


McGimpkins: You guys cannot act like assholes in game. It alienates people and they leave.


Xexx: Fuck you! I'm going to act like a huge asshole in game for the 2 times a week I play!


McGimpkins: Um.... ok sounds like a pretty solid strategy of emptying out the server....


The real irony of it all was I made some statement about people missing the point and Xexx seemed to read that and say I'll take your missing the point to a new level.



McGimpkins is offline  
Old 06-17-2018, 09:41 PM   #98
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 363
Default
Reply With Quote


Unpopular opinion: I think xexx's playing style is fine.

I dont like being the victim of locked node/core spamming but I dont think it's a helpless scenario. Just get your shock rifle out or hop in a tank or dodge jump away with your spawn protection or choose a different node.

I'll do it every once in a while too... I think of it as kind of a random alternate sport strategy like bunting or an onside kick. Break the norm for a bit. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

What does it for me is the d-bags on the mic/text... Shadow, cletus. Also people who alias so they can say super racist shit (i suppose cletus counts in that category too). And to begin to steer back to original topic, deadweight people out for a joyride in important vehicles or afk are always a bummer.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH is offline  
Old 06-18-2018, 05:09 PM   #99
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 463
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by McGimpkins View Post
Sorry to see you go Sarge, you're fun to play with, maybe we'll see you around.
Idont think Sarge has left. Name change is all.

Where have all the McGimpkins gone?
Mr.Crow is offline  
Old 06-21-2018, 11:42 PM   #100
JohnSmallBerries
Server Admin

 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Round Rock, Texas (near Austin)
Posts: 210
Default
Reply With Quote


I'm still here, sorry I haven't been playing much! I'm on vacation (in San Diego) right now... sure is nice having temperatures in the 70s instead of 100 like in Austin! I'll be back on Sunday. I play on a desktop, so I can't play from here, but I'll be on when I get back!
JohnSmallBerries is offline  
Reply


Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 PM.