Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 01-25-2018, 10:36 AM   #121
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
Hmm..maybe the middle node could get Node Exploder manta or maybe a short circuit. Those shouldn't change too much, since they are easily killed by avrils and mino blasts, but would give some reward for the middle.

Or maybe Webcasters up top, so you can quickly drive to the dognuts spot and kill the mino there.
Bad idea, I think. As much as I love both those vehicles, a node exploder or short circuit would make it extremely easy to take out the connecting primary. Which is another reason the nexus should never be put on that middle node.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:08 PM   #122
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

One skilled short circuit driver could completely own this map. It's no fun when there's one person with 300-400 points and everyone else is barely getting into triple digits.

Maybe on the Omni version?
Old 01-25-2018, 12:30 PM   #123
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
One skilled short circuit driver could completely own this map
Maybe, I thought it would have that possibility....but no more than the mino...and its much easier to kill than a mino (eg. couple of avrils).

But both the Node Exploder and SC are relatively slow moving...and compared to the Nexus (killing one node every 2 mins from safety), it shouldn't be that bad.
Maybe there should be Minus-Manta-Me-Up? lol j/k.

Alternatively, maybe the Arbalest (Missle Tank) from DJY would be a good replacement..I don't think it has lag issues like the nexis.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:44 PM   #124
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Maybe, I thought it would have that possibility....but no more than the mino...and its much easier to kill than a mino (eg. couple of avrils).

But both the Node Exploder and SC are relatively slow moving...and compared to the Nexus (killing one node every 2 mins from safety), it shouldn't be that bad.
Maybe there should be Minus-Manta-Me-Up? lol j/k.

Alternatively, maybe the Arbalest (Missle Tank) from DJY would be a good replacement..I don't think it has lag issues like the nexis.
I hear you, but I'm thinking of my experience on Arctic Junkyard... If I spawn at the core and both the mino and circuit are available, I'll go for the circuit every time. It can one shot any person, two on a tank, four on a node from any distance and most importantly it can get out of dodge as soon as enemies notice it. On Minus there are no ground weapons to stop it, even if there were, all it would have to do is hide behind a building for a second. The only thing that could kill is a mino that sneaked up behind, or a stray PPC.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:58 PM   #125
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

Quote:
I think that is THE biggest problem of this map. If the Nexis stays... the explosion projectiles/calculation/thing needs to be changed so it doesn't do that horrible stuck in place lag. If it is the Arbalest, I would vote for the weaker/non-DesertJunkYard one. Otherwise a node take down wouldn't be limited to once every two minutes.
: I don't know what happened... I went to jack it and it blew up in my face.
Team:
Old 01-25-2018, 02:25 PM   #126
Binger

Crazy ideas you got.

I've been working on this. So far I've removed the Nexus. Added a little spawn room to the back of the base. Replaced the PPC at the core with another Hurricane. Replaced the Mino with the old one. Made some changes to the spawn locations at the base for players and vehicles and also the teleporters. Replaced all Goliaths with a new version made for this map. A few small changes to the terrain to help prevent the PPC from getting hung up (I did not do much of this cause it's a pita), some more stuff. I'm making some pretty big changes so I'll upload for people to play before trying to get it on the server. More info soon.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:02 PM   #127
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Binger,

Awesome!

Do you mind adding multiple receive locations for the base teleporters? This would hopefully reduce the amount of telefragging at round start... Also would help if someone is douching the top of the core.

Thanks for working on it!

Andrew
Old 01-26-2018, 03:14 PM   #128
Enyo
Getting there...

xexx actually had a good suggestion in the spawn protection time topic... put a warp or jump pad to the top of the building above the core to make it harder to spam with the dragon up there.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:15 PM   #129
Lagzilla
Getting there...

It's a bit far for a jumppad. You land short of the building. It can be done but will need a volume added to artificially move you to the building and possibly one to prevent you from being splattered on impact.

On the plus side, I found a team dependant/triggerable jump pad by accident. It's kinda cool.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:27 PM   #130
Enyo
Getting there...

What about just a teleporter then? They're not limited by distance in any way are they?
Old 01-26-2018, 04:35 PM   #131
Lagzilla
Getting there...

You could Tele there, assuming no one is parked there.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:15 AM   #132
Enyo
Getting there...

Yeah, that's the only problem there with the teleporter. If you put the tele on the roof far enough away from the core roof, then the dragon won't have an incentive kill people coming out by sitting on it. He won't be able to sit there and hit the core quickly enough to keep people from warping in.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:32 AM   #133
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Just lower the height of the building? Or get rid of it and keep only the parking ramp?
Old 01-28-2018, 01:02 PM   #134
Lagzilla
Getting there...

I will work on some examples as time permits. Personally I like the teleporter idea so long as you add (make the building top be) a room.

I don't want to pollute his thread anymore than I have already. Since he is designing the map and doing an update I don't want to put him into the position of having to deal with me blathering about what I want to see in his map

Thanks again Binger!

Andrew
Old 01-28-2018, 04:10 PM   #135
Binger

These are great ideas and I would love to see all the happen but Nightwolf doesn't have a Dragon so...

I will set up a nice tele system in the base.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:17 PM   #136
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Or how about an elevator like in TAL... and put some useful junk on the rooftop? Maybe a turret and some boxes and things to hide behind? I suppose that might encourage people camping on foot though...
Old 01-28-2018, 06:17 PM   #137
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Just lower the height of the building? Or get rid of it and keep only the parking ramp?
https://imgur.com/x4aIv6d

https://imgur.com/MDh4oMG

Old 01-28-2018, 09:48 PM   #138
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Read my mind! I actually almost typed put some trees back there too. Funny.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:52 AM   #139
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
These are great ideas and I would love to see all the happen but Nightwolf doesn't have a Dragon so...

I will set up a nice tele system in the base.
Happens with the hammer head at the primary as well, but I agree, it is more of an issue in the dragon version of the map.

A
Old 01-29-2018, 03:13 PM   #140
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Read my mind! I actually almost typed put some trees back there too. Funny.
That isn't Nightwolf though. Sorry. Just messing with ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
Happens with the hammer head at the primary as well, but I agree, it is more of an issue in the dragon version of the map.

A
As far as Xexx and other douche-bags going straight to the other team's primary, I don't see anyway to do something about that. I'm not going to do anything with Nightwolf but Kamek and Randomizer could use something done about the Dragon spam on the base if anyone is interested. Random needs work anyway.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught