Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 05-25-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
Beth

Default Missing files in new map

The new map came up (Home Sweet Home Ren)o(vation Beta 1a).... and it loaded to 100% yay! Then it said 'Failed Launching URL Package 'Gorz_Scorps Version Map'

What is it that I am missing? It loaded to 100% I did want to play.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:46 AM   #2
DjAy-T
<--CheckOutThe @$$ on her

sorry beth. it appears that i somehow have a gorz_scorps file that was an earlier version. ill be fixing it in a day or so. till then, open your system folder under UT and erase that file (Gorz_Scorps.u) and it will load up for you w/ no problem.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:05 AM   #3
WMD40
Got there...

If file Gorz_Scorps.u is present within the UT2004 System folder, rename it to Gorz_Scorps_Old.u. Rename Gorz_Scorps_Old.u back to Gorz_Scorps.u should you wish to play the this map, Dria-Gorz, etc., offline

If the file is not present within the system folder, should the cache be corrupted in some odd way, you can use UTCacheExtractor to remove the individual file from cache. (Cache tab - Click on Validate - Select file Gorz_Scorps.u from the list - Click on Delete)
Old 05-25-2011, 02:12 AM   #4
DjAy-T

40, im going to send you an update because it even did it to me. i think it was cache I extracted from a while ago... maybe even from DW. over there they have some different 'Gorz' files and i believe the culprit is the Stinger since that was the one i added to the lineup.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:04 AM   #5
Gorzakk
Stinger Driver

Grab the stingers from the driascorpme for any update.

Among other things, those versions don't eject the driver when inverted. So when you bounce on something and wind up on the roof you can slide along with the vehicle then get out when it's slowed down, not go trapsing after it after it's gone 100 miles away.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #6
DjAy-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorzakk View Post
Grab the stingers from the driascorpme for any update.

Among other things, those versions don't eject the driver when inverted. So when you bounce on something and wind up on the roof you can slide along with the vehicle then get out when it's slowed down, not go trapsing after it after it's gone 100 miles away.
Did i ever tell you how much i LOVE that feature?!?!?!
Ill be sure to grab it off that map, thanks!
Old 05-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #7
Beth

Thanks again guys. It now works when I play it offline (instant action) I will have to see if it plays (online). If the map gets chosen again (YAY) and you don't see me playing well then you know why. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

P.S. More new maps please.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:28 PM   #8
D_B_X
For Victory - 1 & 2 Dria!

Funny you should mention that, because I ran into that "type mismatch" error myself, so I deleted the old Gorz_Scorps, and when I went to play Dria-Gorz on DW (it's the Dria fan in me), I got ANOTHER type mismatch error on the Gorz_Scorps file (after successfully getting the G_S.u file from H-S-H's redirect) It appears the H-S-H Gorz_Scorps and DW's D-G Gorz_Scorps are totally different.

Last edited by D_B_X; 05-25-2011 at 11:33 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 05-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #9
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B_X View Post
It appears the H-S-H Gorz_Scorps and DW's D-G Gorz_Scorps are totally different.
YIKES.

Gorzzie, can you please check into this and verify ?

Old 05-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #10
DjAy-T

Problem#1 you played DW

Problem#2 i confused

I will be sending in an update this afternoon that will scrub these old gorzy files off the face of our hardrives. But everyone who changed their files before, will need to delete them off theirs again, i suppose.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:47 PM   #11
Gorzakk
Stinger Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
YIKES.

Gorzzie, can you please check into this and verify ?
Can someone who has both files host them both for me and I'll check.

If this is the case it is somewhat bizarre. Once I publish a system file (any *.u file) I never change it because it creates these kinds of version mis-match issues (that's why I so very rarely put any system files out there and embed everything).

Mappers; check your maps dependencies. If is uses any .u files from my vehicle range then >>>

delete those vehicles from the map > do a full build > CLOSE Ued! > open Ued again > up a map which has the latest versions of the vehicles > open up your map and put them back in.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #12
D_B_X

Ok now, something to perhaps help de-bug this issue even further.

When doing a map offline on Instant Action, is it correct that a map won't list or even load up and play if it's missing a system file (or mesh or texture)?

If that's the case, I was able to load up DW's Dria and the new H-S-H on Instant Action without any problems, using the same Gorz_Scorps file.

Something that the mappers can figure out perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjAy-T View Post
Problem#1 you played DW
Gotta get my few maps that only they have in somehow -- but I will tell you this -- the level of play and teamwork is always better at the )o(
Old 05-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #13
WMD40
Got there...

Quote:
Can someone who has both files host them both for me and I'll check.
Gorz_Scorps (Both files):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6SKPNCQ0
Old 05-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #14
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
When doing a map offline on Instant Action, is it correct that a map won't list or even load up and play if it's missing a system file (or mesh or texture)?
Correct, and if you look in the logs it tells you what it missing.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #15
Beth

I tried choosing this map last night twice to see if it will play online but it didn't get the votes. So I'm still waiting to see.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:46 PM   #16
Beth

ok this map was picked and I still didn't get in it still says "gorz_scorps version mismatch" I couldn't even spectate!! So my answer to this map is that I can ONLY play this on instant action unless maybe I have to download it again?

Old 05-31-2011, 01:03 AM   #17
D_B_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth View Post
ok this map was picked and I still didn't get in it still says "gorz_scorps version mismatch" I couldn't even spectate!! So my answer to this map is that I can ONLY play this on instant action unless maybe I have to download it again?
All you have to do is go to your ut2004/system directory, find the "Gorz_scorps.u" file and delete it. The next time it comes up on the server, you will get the new Gorz_Scorps.u from the redirect before you enter the map, and you'll be good to go. You don't need to download the map again.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:21 PM   #18
Gorzakk
Stinger Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD40 View Post
Gorz_Scorps (Both files):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6SKPNCQ0
Someone has radically altered those things, it wasn't me, and to be honest I'm quite ticked off.

Kickback was put back, stinger health was reduced to 250 for some reason, and the scorpion class was basically restored to UT2004 standards of weakness and uselessness. I think someone had a bee in their bonet about them not being free frags anymore and decided to edit, and furthermore did so without actually consulting me or even having the wisdom to change the system file name.

Pretty bad form all round.

DjAy; your HSH edit uses this. Next time you update the map delete those vehicles entirely and do a full rebuild, close Ued, open Dria-SMU, open HSH (without closing Ued first), put in the stingers and tarantulas as you like, then full rebuild again.

Last edited by Gorzakk; 05-31-2011 at 09:45 PM..
Old 06-01-2011, 01:57 AM   #19
DjAy-T

Quote:
Someone has radically altered those things, it wasn't me, and to be honest I'm quite ticked off.

Kickback was put back, stinger health was reduced to 250 for some reason, and the scorpion class was basically restored to UT2004 standards of weakness and uselessness. I think someone had a bee in their bonet about them not being free frags anymore and decided to edit, and furthermore did so without actually consulting me or even having the wisdom to change the system file name.

Pretty bad form all round.

DjAy; your HSH edit uses this. Next time you update the map delete those vehicles entirely and do a full rebuild, close Ued, open Dria-SMU, open HSH (without closing Ued first), put in the stingers and tarantulas as you like, then full rebuild again.
i promise it wasnt me... i uh is stuped in the skrippiting!

i'll have the edit done here within the next two days and we will be rid of that impostor file!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #20
Beth

Quote:
All you have to do is go to your ut2004/system directory, find the "Gorz_scorps.u" file and delete it. The next time it comes up on the server, you will get the new Gorz_Scorps.u from the redirect before you enter the map, and you'll be good to go. You don't need to download the map again.

I deleted that file so I'm hoping that it works THIS time. I really would like to play this online. Thanks D_B_X

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught