View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 03:16 PM   #6
BoFox
THY FLESH CONSUMED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post
I wish you guy could figure out how the DW scoring systems is implemented. I know it was discussed with maybe Binger but maybe that would be a good compromise. He said he didnt understand how we got the code to work.

I just hate the 5 rounders but alot of it is I hate most of the popular maps like Artic thats played 8pm EST every night. So 5 rounds is really like pulling teeth.
That's the general consensus... the majority disliking 5-rounders.

In my previous post, I suggested reducing the countdown deadline from 30 minutes to 20 minutes for each round, but that would just result in more 1-point rounds.

So, we need an additional solution for this:

A) Make it so that if the round ends due to the countdown deadline, the winning team gets 2 points instead of just 1. It's a win, alright - and nobody wants 5 rounds anyway.
OR

B) Make it so that no matter how the round ends, the winning team gets only 1 point. The map competition is over once a team scores 2 points, and it's time to vote for the next map. I think that's how CEONSS did it before they started the mulligan thing, I think.

That way, there is a solution to the adage, "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" by finding the middle road!

Don't forget - core countdown after 20 minutes, instead of 30 minutes please. Mailbox??? Don't be a snob and ignore me!