Omnip)o(tentS Forums

Omnip)o(tentS Forums (http://forum.omnipotents.com/index.php)
-   Mappers' Corner (http://forum.omnipotents.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   ONS-DG-Meadowland-)o( (http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthread.php?t=14985)

Anonymous[Lolz] 11-22-2016 01:55 PM

ONS-DG-Meadowland-)o(

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?ox5l3lyz3l8aq8v
Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/Cfti1

The only things that are different from this version and the one that's on the server (ONS-DG-Meadowland-32b) are the custom vehicles and the nuclear strike painters north and south of nodes 8/5. You'll need to be quick to pick them up or you'll die.

Binger 11-22-2016 07:37 PM

What are the custom vehicles?

Anonymous[Lolz] 11-22-2016 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binger (Post 211317)
What are the custom vehicles?

I think I worded that wrong, I meant just typical omni vehicles. The version on the server has stock UT vehicles.

Anonymous[Lolz] 03-31-2017 10:18 PM

I thought this would be interesting to share. Unfortunately Meadowland doesn't get played a lot for what I think is a great map.

my note sheet to plan out the vehicles

Terminator 03-31-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous[Lolz] (Post 212639)
I thought this would be interesting to share. Unfortunately Meadowland doesn't get played a lot for what I think is a great map.

my note sheet to plan out the vehicles

You have beautiful hand writing. Please write, "Terminator is a doosh"

Anonymous[Lolz] 04-01-2017 01:53 AM

:017: print vs. semi cursive

Terminator 04-01-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous[Lolz] (Post 212641)

:017: print vs. semi cursive

Doosh!!!

{glr}pooty 04-03-2017 11:35 AM

Funny.

I do like Meadowland map, but hardly anyone wants to play it.

Turbo K 04-04-2017 11:05 PM

We got to play the map today. The un-nerfed BioBadger is a lot of fun. The map seemed to play well, but no one really knew what vehicles spawned where, so it might take a while to catch on.

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH 04-05-2017 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo K (Post 212677)
We got to play the map today. The un-nerfed BioBadger is a lot of fun. The map seemed to play well, but no one really knew what vehicles spawned where, so it might take a while to catch on.

Yeah this is a good map. Hopefully people pick it more.

Those air strike nukes are always fun to see on a map too.

Anonymous[Lolz] 04-05-2017 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo K (Post 212677)
The un-nerfed BioBadger is a lot of fun

yes sir

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH 04-05-2017 03:37 PM

On second thought about the nukes: They're basically useless on this map aside from destroying parked vehicles. They cannot damage the core/nodes due to the elevated huts. Unless I'm doing something wrong? I made a few attempts the other night and zero damage was done.

Turbo K 04-05-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH (Post 212680)
On second thought about the nukes: They're basically useless on this map aside from destroying parked vehicles. They cannot damage the core/nodes due to the elevated huts. Unless I'm doing something wrong? I made a few attempts the other night and zero damage was done.

The abundance of ultra-powerful vehicles and terrain height variations do make the nukes obsolete.

duh 04-05-2017 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo K (Post 212681)
The abundance of ultra-powerful vehicles and terrain height variations do make the nukes obsolete.

but they look AWESOME! :icon_super:

SMOKER 04-06-2017 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duh (Post 212682)
but they look AWESOME! :icon_super:

dimshade 04-07-2017 10:24 AM

I think that a Tiamat may be a better choice over a Kraken at the middle. The other powerful vehicles do balance it a bit, but a 10K health is a little much for a vehicle that spawns at a node that comes up and goes down pretty frequently. Also, how about a regular badger or two to replace some of the scorpion variants? I like the ultra fast scorpions, but on a map so hilly and uneven, they're a bitch to drive.

Turbo K 04-07-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dimshade (Post 212687)
I think that a Tiamat may be a better choice over a Kraken at the middle. The other powerful vehicles do balance it a bit, but a 10K health is a little much for a vehicle that spawns at a node that comes up and goes down pretty frequently. Also, how about a regular badger or two to replace some of the scorpion variants? I like the ultra fast scorpions, but on a map so hilly and uneven, they're a bitch to drive.

But then how am I going to jump off a hill and do a triple flip?

dimshade 04-07-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo K (Post 212688)
But then how am I going to jump off a hill and do a triple flip?

You can do a triple flip in a badger. You just have to be creative. :)

Anonymous[Lolz] 04-07-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dimshade (Post 212687)
Also, how about a regular badger or two to replace some of the scorpion variants? I like the ultra fast scorpions, but on a map so hilly and uneven, they're a bitch to drive.

I personally think the badgers are harder to drive because they are more top-heavy and have erratic behavior when landing, even with air control. Scorpion variants are actually very easy to use with air control and more creative throttle control than simply holding down "W," like a lot of people tend to do. :loop:

The trick is to land parallel to the surface you land on, as well as parallel with the car's velocity.

FuzzySlippers 04-07-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo K (Post 212681)

I use them for pretty much one use. On the node they are next too. Either as an attacker to take down the node, or as a defender... to take down the node being built by the enemy. Haven't really bothered to pick it up and carry it anywhere.