Omnip)o(tentS Forums

Omnip)o(tentS Forums (http://forum.omnipotents.com/index.php)
-   Assault (http://forum.omnipotents.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Anyone want to get an Assault Night? (http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthread.php?t=14400)

McGimpkins 02-07-2014 09:45 PM

Anyone want to get an Assault Night?

Hey all,
Just wanted to see if we could get some people together to play AS. I was thinking Friday February 21, 2014 around 7:00pm EST. Tell me if your interested and will be there so I know I'm not shouting into an empty room.

Carpe Diem 02-08-2014 10:05 AM

*turns lights out and quietly closes door on Gimpy*

Terminator 02-08-2014 10:23 AM

I'll play providing I don't work a night shift on that day.

dimshade 02-08-2014 12:13 PM

I would play. I don't usually get online until 9ish est though. :(

Bastard 02-08-2014 01:02 PM

Ill come back and play some assault.

Terminator 02-08-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dimshade (Post 201575)

Do I have your permission to shoot you?

McGimpkins 02-08-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dimshade (Post 201575)

We can change time/date to better suit people's schedules. I have not really played Assault for years and thought it would be fun if several of us could get together and play. Maybe even attract over some of the ONS crowd that does not read the forums. I was also hoping that Carpe might show up. He makes a good sponge for my Flak Cannon, but alas I will be robbed of my Flak Monkey... *sigh*

GlueEater 02-08-2014 03:01 PM

I'm in.

GlueEater 02-08-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McGimpkins (Post 201587)
We can change time/date to better suit people's schedules. I have not really played Assault for years and thought it would be fun if several of us could get together and play. Maybe even attract over some of the ONS crowd that does not read the forums. I was also hoping that Carpe might show up. He makes a good sponge for my Flak Cannon, but alas I will be robbed of my Flak Monkey... *sigh*

Have Turbo add a minotaur and a dragon.

dimshade 02-08-2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McGimpkins (Post 201587)

Easy to get flak monkey, just spam the objectives. Not as much fun as tossing them at Carpe though, I will admit. :)

If you really want to fuck with people, get the server guys to change the ONS server into an AS server for a couple of hours. :D It'll never happen, but just imagine the bitching.

"Oh sweet, Chaos-Extended, must be a new map! Wait, what the hell is this???"

Cortak 02-08-2014 03:21 PM

I'd be up for that if I can find the server.

D_B_X 02-08-2014 08:10 PM

I'd be down for another one whenever, but the last one was me, Turbo, Beth, and not much of anybody else.

Anyone who wants to practice, should check out the list of good maps for solo play (meaning no dumb bots on offense or defense) I put together last year here.

Beth 02-08-2014 08:50 PM

Yeah, I'm always up for an AS night but hardly anyone shows up.:sad:

Turbo K 02-09-2014 04:46 AM

I'll be there again. If we have an official date/time, it might be nice to advertise this on the ONS server as a MotD or something. Perhaps a couple of us can go on the ONS server beforehand and say on the in-game chat that we're going to go play on the AS server for a couple hours if anyone wants to join.

Carpe Diem 02-09-2014 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo K (Post 201598)
I'll be there again. If we have an official date/time, it might be nice to advertise this on the ONS server as a MotD or something. Perhaps a couple of us can go on the ONS server beforehand and say on the in-game chat that we're going to go play on the AS server for a couple hours if anyone wants to join.

Once a night is arranged, someone PM me remind me to change the MOTD.

Lagzilla 02-09-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D_B_X (Post 201595)

The video in your sig... uhm... weird!

California` 02-09-2014 05:15 PM

I'm dizzo for the rizzo.

GlueEater 02-09-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by California` (Post 201613)
I'm dizzo for the rizzo.

I am getting old. Someone please translate...

Terminator 02-10-2014 02:13 AM

I'm young and I don't even know what that means... I must not be cool.

McGimpkins 02-10-2014 04:20 AM

Alright talking to some people it seem that Saturday Night works better than Friday. I'm sure as soon as I say this there is going to be a wave of people screaming the opposite. So lets try for Saturday February 22, 2014 around 8:00pm EST. Carpe you want to try and put a notice up on the ONS server for the 90% of the players that don't come onto the forums? Hopefully we are still playing by the time Dimshade can make it to snipe us all.

Speaking of which:
Quote:

Originally Posted by California` (Post 201613)
I'm dizzo for the rizzo.

Not an exact translation but I think that California is trying to say that he would like to show up and hit scan/shock combo kill us.

Hopefully people can make it and a little less than 2 weeks gives people time to get the word around. Hell maybe we can do it again in another year or two...