Omnip)o(tentS Forums

Omnip)o(tentS Forums (http://forum.omnipotents.com/index.php)
-   Other Games (http://forum.omnipotents.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Titanfall (http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthread.php?t=14603)

GlueEater 12-28-2014 11:26 AM

Titanfall

Anyone else playing Titanfall? This is a pretty badass game. Like CoD on steroids. Never cared for games like CoD because all you do is just run around in circles. No skill... just run and gun. Titanfall is faster paced and you have a jet pack on your back that allows you to go anywhere. Battles take place on the rooftops too. There's also abilities like cloaking. I'm having a blast jetpacking across the roofs while invisible then finding snipers and taking them out. It caters to my assassin style of play. You also have giant mechs that you can call down. The more enemies you kill the faster your mech arrives.
It has the usual problems that other games have. Lopsided teams sometimes and hit detection is off once in a while. Still I'm impressed with it. You need a newer system to play it too. My tag is GlueEater71 if anyone wants to pal around.

Beth 12-29-2014 05:33 PM

I play on the PC and the XBOX ONE!! It is AWESOME!!!!

hardspike 12-29-2014 07:11 PM

The biggest problem I have whenever I try a different game is that inability to dodge while moving. I find myself double-tapping the movement keys and getting frustrated.

Carpe Diem 12-30-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beth (Post 204780)
I play on the PC and the XBOX ONE!!

why ?? As in, why play on two different consoles ? :017:

Beth 12-30-2014 04:23 PM

I have EVERY console since they started MAKING consoles. I play on the PS4 on some games and some on the 360 LOL Yup I have em all. Even going back to the first SEGA and the first NINTENDO, oh and even the hand held consoles. oh YEAH :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

tRES-gONADS 12-30-2014 09:53 PM

Yeah Glue Ole buddy, I loved for about 4 months.Couldn't find any omni folks.I like the people here.let me know your name. Thanks cyas

Carpe Diem 12-31-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beth (Post 204800)
I have EVERY console since they started MAKING consoles. I play on the PS4 on some games and some on the 360 LOL Yup I have em all. Even going back to the first SEGA and the first NINTENDO, oh and even the hand held consoles. oh YEAH :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You, my dear, are an addict ! :biggrin:

Terminator 12-31-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carpe Diem (Post 204808)

Frankly, Carpe, she doesn't give a damn.

Beth 12-31-2014 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carpe Diem (Post 204808)

I thought you knew I was after 7 years Carpe LMAO :biggrin::biggrin:

GlueEater 01-03-2015 05:38 PM

Well, after a week of playing this game I'm going to have to retract my previous statements. As I played more and more I can see why the servers are half full most nights. At first this game looks awesome but it has about 4 HUGE problems that just killed it for me.

1. Auto aim weapons = makes you an easy kill. I just played a round where I ejected from my titan and was sniped while flying through the air. Come to find out there is an automatic sniper rifle that auto locks on to targets. There is also an auto pistol that auto locks in 3 seconds or 1 second if using an amp card.

2. Too many Godlike players = makes you an easy kill.The game highly rewards hardcore players with thousands of hours logged in. Three of us went after a player on the team who was as high a level as you can get (according to his badge). I emptied my machine gun clip on him and he wiped out all three of us with one clip of his.

3. Spawn points are awful. When you die, you either re-spawn out in BFE (Bum Fuck Egypt) or under the foot of an enemy titan.

4. Hit detection is atrocious. Half the time when I watch the replay of the guy that killed me ...he never had the reticle on me.

Damn. Been eager to find something else to play. Guess I'll keep on looking.

Terminator 01-04-2015 12:10 AM

We can always go to Six Flags St. Louis and ride the Boss nekkid.

Beth 01-06-2015 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlueEater (Post 204818)
Well, after a week of playing this game I'm going to have to retract my previous statements. As I played more and more I can see why the servers are half full most nights. At first this game looks awesome but it has about 4 HUGE problems that just killed it for me.

1. Auto aim weapons = makes you an easy kill. I just played a round where I ejected from my titan and was sniped while flying through the air. Come to find out there is an automatic sniper rifle that auto locks on to targets. There is also an auto pistol that auto locks in 3 seconds or 1 second if using an amp card.

2. Too many Godlike players = makes you an easy kill.The game highly rewards hardcore players with thousands of hours logged in. Three of us went after a player on the team who was as high a level as you can get (according to his badge). I emptied my machine gun clip on him and he wiped out all three of us with one clip of his.

3. Spawn points are awful. When you die, you either re-spawn out in BFE (Bum Fuck Egypt) or under the foot of an enemy titan.

4. Hit detection is atrocious. Half the time when I watch the replay of the guy that killed me ...he never had the reticle on me.

Damn. Been eager to find something else to play. Guess I'll keep on looking.

Man what is up with you guys? Try the new COD Advanced Warfare, or COD GHOST! I don't understand you dudes! Everytime there is a newer game ya play it for a while then ya don't like it anymore! :loop: Ya have to stick with it. These games like titanfall, COD, BF, Destiny...ect.... are games where you get killed a lot. You also have a chance to TDM, CTF, and many other types. Just don't quit that fast. Just google games you want to try out. I bet if you look you'll find that these games are insane and you will play until you bust a vein.. They are sooooo addicting. I play them all and I love em all. FPS games are awesome!!! WOOT !!!!:biggrin:

tRES-gONADS 01-06-2015 04:55 PM

Good point Beth.Hope Mr.Beth is better and Glue is a bigger pussy than me still.

GlueEater 01-30-2015 02:24 PM

I'm still playing and working around the flaws. You get to preview the teams before the match is started so if it looks horribly lopsided and you're about to get your ass whooped it's best to leave and join another match. I prefer the SMG machine gun but I've been using the smart pistol more. The auto lock is a huge cheat IMO but it's better to kill with it than get killed by it. Hit detection is still frustrating at times but it works both ways I'm sure.
On a side note I did see an old friend/enemy from DW the other night. Someone named Tweakish was playing on the other team so I asked it he was the same guy I used to battle on UT a couple of years ago. We ended us BS'ing most of the match away.
Tres, It's time to give up the hate, Bro. I didn't know she was your sister. I said I was sorry. I just had to leave for work early the next morning...

tRES-gONADS 01-30-2015 04:16 PM

I salute you once again sir, frag on Glue.

Beth 02-02-2015 11:46 AM

I still play this when I'm not playing COD AW Did they update Titanfall recently? Last time I played I got a lot of lag. Maybe it was just the server I was put on. :( I play titanfall on Xbox one and I also have it for PC.